D300 camera settings

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys,
Just a quick question (Although the answer is going to be a lot longer than the question) I have downloaded the spreadsheet from nikonians (sp) but wondered how you guys have set your banks up. Thanks in advance

A B C ? i'd like to know that too Dave because how do you know it's saved.

Easy to check the changes are saved just go back in and check what you have changed has not reverted to the default settings. I have set mine up as per the spreadsheet for now but I know people like Hacker etal will hopefully come along with settings for portrait and others for sport and landscape and hopefully macro.

Can you get the D300 spread sheet without being a Nikonians member ?

Dave I would e curious to see the spreadsheet, do you fancy sharing?

Hi Dave,

I'd be interested in it as well please - I did download it once but do you think I can find it now.....:)

I do have the banks set up - A General, B Sports, C Low light, D crufts, But now I have the basics set up I tend never to use them - just set the camera up for each occasion by altering setting in bank A.

Kinda defeats the object I know, but the changes I make are minimal and at least I know the settings are right/suitable for the shoot.

Good ole Ken Rockwell offers some settings advice too.

Shooting menu bank
A- normal quality (raw)
B- high quality (tiff) - never use it
C - snapshots (jpeg)
D - flash

Custom setting bank
A - landscape/architecture
B - people/action
C - walkabout (never use it)
D - flash

Use them all the time switching from one to the other except C which I will probably amend for something else.

Hi Guys,
Just a quick question (Although the answer is going to be a lot longer than the question) I have downloaded the spreadsheet from nikonians (sp) but wondered how you guys have set your banks up. Thanks in advance

I went through the same geta copy of the dvd Nikon D300 Digital SLR by Blue Crane Digital its great

I personally don't use those banks at all. I have just created a custom menu with all the functions I change around between tasks. Easier to work down that than be tied to a pre defined config - or so I thought at the beginning and have just carried on like that.

Agreed - and shooting RAW eliminates the need for a lot of what I would change anyway...
Most of my work is 'general' and any time I spend in a studio, I'll have ample time to change anything I need to...

Guys,
Sorry to all who have asked for a copy of the spread sheet, I will get it sent, unfortunately work is a little manic at the moment, I will try and get it done over the next few days. Appologies to all.

Back