weekly Greedier's 52 for 2017 - Week 2 - Comfort

Name
Rav
Edit My Images
Yes
My beloved hobby has taken a back seat over the last year and in 2017 i'm determined to get out and take more snaps, so i've decided to do the TP 52 challenge!

I've got a bit more time on my hands now so i've decided to set myself a few rules:
  • No jokers.
  • Comment on threads of others
  • Post a pic each week, within the week(even if i have to take it with my phone).
  • Take as many pics outdoors as i can
I look forward to the challenge and your feedback and critique are welcome. :D

Week 0 - Song Title/Lyrics
Week 1 - Order

Last edited:
This weeks was shot with my Google Pixel XL as it was the only camera i had with me when i saw this.

Week 0 - Song Title
Oh Wonder - Technicolour Beat
Week%200_zpswrrkw2nf.jpg

Last edited:
I really like your use of color. There is definitely a technicolor vibe.

Like the image, not heard the song before so had a listen and liked that as well.

Welcome to the 52 RAv, a lovely bright image to start with, and another theme to be announced today so great timing, image wise glad to see you took the pic strait on as it helps with the composition for me, although I personally would have cropped it slightly to have full rows, still a lovely image :)

Nice and colourful start to your challenge!

That's some nice bright colours, not familiar with the song, but well done you have your practice image under your belt.

Thanks Mandy!

I really like your use of color. There is definitely a technicolor vibe.

Thank you Kara!

Like the image, not heard the song before so had a listen and liked that as well.

Thanks Roger! I first heard the song on one of those cheesy reality shows and liked it ever since.

That's certainly a colourful start Rav - I thought they were spools of cotton at first, but now I'm not so sure?

They're a wall of colourful bangles in an indian clothing store :)

Welcome to the 52 RAv, a lovely bright image to start with, and another theme to be announced today so great timing, image wise glad to see you took the pic strait on as it helps with the composition for me, although I personally would have cropped it slightly to have full rows, still a lovely image :)

Thanks for the feedback DK, wanted to get the pic done before the new theme, left this one to the last minute!

Nice bright and colourful start Rav :)

Nice and colourful start to your challenge!

Thanks guys :D

Blimey, that is colourful Rav - well done on your song choice and interpretation. Makes a great abstract.

Week 1 - Order

I initially took this on my phone out and about earlier in the week but i wasn't happy with results, so i delayed my post for when i had camera in hand :D
Edit 1
Week%201%20-%20Order_zpsk8i4g6jd.jpg

Edit 2

Week%201%20-%20Order%20Blacks_zpsy1tscrd5.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent Rav - a novel interpretation and I like the b&w processing. (What do you think about adding more contrast to darken it more? - may help to counter some of the specks !?!?)

Excellent Rav - a novel interpretation and I like the b&w processing. (What do you think about adding more contrast to darken it more? - may help to counter some of the specks !?!?)

Thank you Carl, glad you like the processing, I'm quite new to using the Nik plugin in lightroom so i wasn't quite sure if it was a good'n. I've done another edit with increased contrast, let me know what you think!

Thank you Carl, glad you like the processing, I'm quite new to using the Nik plugin in lightroom so i wasn't quite sure if it was a good'n. I've done another edit with increased contrast, let me know what you think!
Definitely a good'n Rav. I certainly like the edit better ... gives it a "grittier" more dramatic feel - makes a very nice abstract actually. Others may or may not agree, ultimately the most important judge is yourself ... whatever you feel happy with. Good to experiment and get differing views for you to consider.

Liking them both and struggling to decide which I prefer. I like the vignette on the second one to lose some of the distraction from the spokes but feel that the cogs are slightly over processed and lose some of the detail. but it does add a grittiness to the image.

I'm also impressed with how clean the cassette is!

Far too clean :D the second image is the stronger of the 2 for me. I did a chain link with a macro lens for a 52 a few years ago, wish I still had the lens for these challenges.

Definitely a good'n Rav. I certainly like the edit better ... gives it a "grittier" more dramatic feel - makes a very nice abstract actually. Others may or may not agree, ultimately the most important judge is yourself ... whatever you feel happy with. Good to experiment and get differing views for you to consider.

Cheers Carl, I have to say i prefer the second one too!

I really do like the 2nd one as it gives it more punch and looks good and gritty :)

Thank you! I'm quite a sucker for the gritty look!

Liking them both and struggling to decide which I prefer. I like the vignette on the second one to lose some of the distraction from the spokes but feel that the cogs are slightly over processed and lose some of the detail. but it does add a grittiness to the image.

I'm also impressed with how clean the cassette is!

Thanks for the feedback Steve, I only got the bike in Autumn last year and i've not ridden it much yet, i did give it a quick brush before i took the pic too :D Hoping it doesn't stay looking like that for long!

Very nicely done Rav. Plenty of detail, exposure spot on and a very nice close up.
I think B&W suits it too.
9 gears on the rear set! I only had 10 in total on my bike when growing up.

Thanks Tim, you got lucky with 10, i only had 1 on my BMX!

Well I liked the first one but I love the second one ...a real smasher for your first week.

second one for me really nice contrast

Thank you!

Really interesting to see the different processing on these Rav - I think I prefer your original though for the increased detail.

I'm still experimenting with processing styles, i'm glad you like it!

Far too clean :D the second image is the stronger of the 2 for me. I did a chain link with a macro lens for a 52 a few years ago, wish I still had the lens for these challenges.

I think using a macro lens on a well ridden rear set would look pretty cool, i hope it warms up soon!

Great idea, great composition. #2 for me.

Week 1 works for me image 2 for me as well.

Thanks! :D

Week 2: Comfort
When i got up i thought the shot was quite fitting, i'm not too sure on the composition though. Gosh week 2 and i'm falling behind! Better get my ar** in gear!:D
DSCF1276-Edit_zpsjoj4lnkl.jpg

Back