D3S Focus speed.

• Thread starter sportshooter2011
  • Start date
S

sportshooter2011

I'll try and not bore you all but..

I was shooting premier league football last week under pouring rain and shabby lighting conditions.
When I came to use the D3s with the 70-200mm f2.8 (for a photo-call) the next day. The focus was atrocious and lagging.
I've never had/heard of this problem before.

It seems to be fine now, Thank god for the back-up body!

I was shooting premier league football last week under pouring rain and shabby lighting conditions.
When I came to use the D3s with the 70-200mm f2.8 (for a photo-call) the next day. The focus was atrocious and lagging.

Welcome to the forum!
Im not a D3s owner, But I haven't heard anything quite like the problem you have described.
Maybe there's a fault with the weather sealing?
Good Luck for todays game.
Mark

Hmmmm

I've been using the D3S since last April and it got a right drenching at a few games, haven't noticed any problems since. Do you keep the hot shoe cover on?

I dont suppose you were shooting the D3S in wet weather in a sealed waterproof covering during the premier league game instead of a purpose made water proof cover

Ive heard a couple of stories of people using a non breathable waterproof material to cover their gear but this causes condensation and a very fine "mist" to build up inside the cover which can find its way through the seals much easier than the rain itself.

If you think logically about it, the "wettest" rain is the very fine stuff which can easily penetrate weatherproof materials where as larger rain drops tend to "bead" and run off the surface.

Just a thought

Hmmmm

I've been using the D3S since last April and it got a right drenching at a few games, haven't noticed any problems since. Do you keep the hot shoe cover on?

Hi Rovers_Andy
Im afraid I lost the hotshoe cover a while back.
It seems to be working fine today though.
Thanks for the post.

I dont suppose you were shooting the D3S in wet weather in a sealed waterproof covering during the premier league game instead of a purpose made water proof cover

Ive heard a couple of stories of people using a non breathable waterproof material to cover their gear but this causes condensation and a very fine "mist" to build up inside the cover which can find its way through the seals much easier than the rain itself.

If you think logically about it, the "wettest" rain is the very fine stuff which can easily penetrate weatherproof materials where as larger rain drops tend to "bead" and run off the surface.

Just a thought

Maybe that was the reason thanks for the post.

Hmmmm

Makes mental note to check the contents of his box as this divvy didnt realise there was such a thing :LOL:

Cheers Andy

i thought you were a canon user primarily? did nikon stump up some demo units?

Been trialling since late December, Very impressive pieces of kit!

somewhere around here ive got a very large picture that you might be interested in, i'll dig it out

there it is..

notrly-20110122-210607.jpg

Wow Matty........that camera must have achieved focus in 94.170.240 of a second to capture that image

Indeed...

Cheers Andy, found it this morning and fitted it on (y)

Dont suppose you know if Nikon make something to cover up that 2" circular hole on the front of the camera when you take a lens off, ive just been stuffing an old sock in there to keep dust out. :LOL:

Gaffa tape :shrug:

Mark Leech, the Sport Shooter, hasnt signed up here, the account above was obviously some kind of silly joke to get acceptance from someone who has upset several of the members here. Own up now sunbeam, before we out you!

Mark Leech, the Sport Shooter, hasnt signed up here, the account above was obviously some kind of silly joke to get acceptance from someone who has upset several of the members here. Own up now sunbeam, before we out you!

not another Mark? shirley not

i did wonder if i had missed a joke with your earlier post but blamed it on a hangover

Back