D500 purchase options - paypal 0% credit via ebay?

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

So I'm trying to find a way to purchase a D500 body (my D7000 will then be relegated to 2nd body as it's buffer for RAW 14 bit is so small and AF isn't great on it) as most if not all my lenses are DX format so no point going to D810 or D850 when it's out, or mmmm D5.

I was annoyed to find that all (most) other camera manufacturers offer V12 0% finance for up to 24 months, but Nikon... No sir! So that's quite limiting. Credit Cards are too dangerous for me to use (but could be an option)

However, I've remembered that Paypal do 0% finance options to spread the cost and I could get one by paying only £55 a month for 24 months. This sounds massively appealing.

So my query is... has anyone else done something like this? Naturally, Paypal gives the buyer protection.

Would just check the paypal small print just in case the sneaky bastards have stuck somthing is there.

You can get a credit card with 39months interest free - meaning if you pay a mimumum of £44 per month it would be cleared by the time that period is up (based on the D500 @ 1679 from Currys).

Set up a direct debit, keep your log in details for the card and then chop the card up.

Would you honestly still use your D7000? Could sell it to help raise the money.

I used Paypal 0% credit once, but now just use a credit card. Needless to say - make sure you budget so that you will pay it off prior to 0% ending. Used careful, these products are invaluable.

Read the small print, it is there hidden somewhere and is usually very different from the catchy adverts

I used an interest free credit card to buy my iMac. 24 months interest free, I just setup a stop order to pay a set amount every month to ensure it was paid up before the 0% ended and put the card at the back of a draw to ensure it never got used for anything else.

There are usually plenty of 0% deals around. I've even seen some in the 30+ months range.

on 2nd thoughts... I've just had a rather nice present from HMRC!

I've just this moment found out!

Sweet. SPEND IT NOW ..!!!

Brought my D500 from London Camera Exchange, I asked about interest free, they offered me a years interest free from V12 finance.
Basically you pay a deposit and sign a credit agreement, the proviso being that you do get a years interest free and you can phone up any time to pay some off, however there are no fixed payments and should you fail to pay the balance within the time period you will enter a high percentage credit agreement about 30%. This could be an option you could possibly set up a regular direct payment.

Back