D60 Lenses

Name
Josh
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey Guys! (and Girls!)

Still here and still learning!

I am aware that for a lens to be fully compatible with the D60 it should have the focusing built into the lens as it's missing from the body. (AF-S?)
However I just want to know if I can cheaply acquire a lens that does not have auto focusing, Is it very hard to use? or is it just AF-S is the "lazy" solution??
and I'm aware you can turn the auto-focus off of the lenses (i have the 18-55) by switching from A to M however how do you test it? mine just sits on the same focus points? or am i totally missing the point there? lol.

Thanks

The D60 does not auto focus with any lens as it doesn't have the AF motor in the body. Therefore, changing the switch from AF to M won't change anything. You need an AFS lens for the D60 to autofocus (or more like for the lens to focus).

Cheers

The D60 does not auto focus with any lens as it doesn't have the AF motor in the body. Therefore, changing the switch from AF to M won't change anything. You need an AFS lens for the D60 to autofocus (or more like for the lens to focus).

Cheers

yeah i know. my 18-55mm has AF-S.. however im trying to see what its like without AFS for if i get a lens without it...

Just like manual focus. I.e. your camera won't focus when you half-press the shutter, you have to manually rotate the ring to focus.

Just like manual focus. I.e. your camera won't focus when you half-press the shutter, you have to manually rotate the ring to focus.

cool, its quite easy to do really, may invest in a cheaper lens now!

Make sure enable the digital range finder in the D60's viewfinder. Its fab for MF, I use a lot of MF lenses on my D60, its a useful feature.

Back