D7100

petert

Suspended / Banned
Name
pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Is it a lot better than the d7000 I've noticed new it can be had for not much more and very good prices, might be imported but it's the same camera

Both cameras are great. But the D7100 wasn't that big of an upgrade to warrant the extra cost for myself when it came out. However, now the used prices aren't really that different I'd grab a D7100 over the D7k. Although really I'd rather get a D7200 due to the better low lighting.

Here is a spec comparison of the two:

http://snapsort.com/compare/Nikon-D7100-vs-Nikon_D7000

I'm talking new prices nearly £ 2-300 difference. No wonder people buy greys, at the end of the day they're all imported, none are made here, you just get ripped off or at least seems like it.
I'm not being controversial, it's just a point of view.

Last edited:
Yeah, new grey market D7200 is only £699 (less if you are willing to pay via BACs to Panamoz).

But a new D7100 which isn't grey import is £749

I'd say grab a grey market D7200 from Panamoz or Hdew (presuming their offer of 3 year warranty + £699 price tag is available, it was available til today and I ordered one at 2am).

The D7200 is quite a decent leap over the D7000 to warrant the few extra £ pound, but the D7100 isn't worth it.

I believe panomoz you'll get import duties which will bang it up a bit, I bought from hdew a couple of years ago and no duties is that still the case?

Hdew cameras are already in the UK I believe, so no import duties. Every lens I've had from them within the UK.

Panamoz will pay for any import charges you incur. "** We will pay for all import and customs charges, under all circumstances. There will be no additional charges. *" http://panamoz.com/index.php/faq

My main worry with grey market is the warranty and costs involved in sending it back for a repair etc. I got screwed by Digitalrev when a lens arrived damaged in transit, as it wasn't manufacturer defects they refused to do anything about it. They said they would cover my postage, but didn't as it wasn't a manufacturer defect. Cost me £20.

But Hdew are in the UK, so we have a 1 year return to retailer UK warranty. If there is a problem, they ask you send it to a UK repair centre. So I'd much rather lose the BACs discount than risk having to do another return to Hong Kong even though Panamoz is good.

Last edited:
Oh that's good, I know there's a warranty issue but touch wood I've never needed one in 30 years, I think what you save out ways the warranty

Last edited:
Don't need the 7200 but just bought the 7100 £463 brand new, UK retailers Want that for a second hand d7000

Last edited:
New toy arrived yesterday taken a few test shots with the 35 1.8, the IQ is amazing. Glad I went for D7100 over the d7000 it has quite a few extras I will find useful

Can i ask what extras? I have a d7000 at present that i really like

If I had a d7000 I probably wouldn't upgrade but for me there seemed little point buying the older camera, I prefer the extra af points, better lcd, the slightly better menu, the 1.3 crop will be a great option for me personally and 24mp over 16 is pretty substantial. Plus by all tests I've seen better IQ if only slightly. Info button useful to.
infact I always hated nikons menu but they must have changed things, this one I find easy to navigate.

Last edited:
Oh i am but divorce would cost me a lot,lot more,swmbo is monitoring me...again.

Back