D90 Owners Thread - Anything D90 related

Ive got the Camera on Aperture priority & Auto ISO. I have set the minimum shutter speed to 1/30 and max iso to 3200( i am shooting with a 35mm prime). Why does the camera still shoot slower than that ??? I have a few blurry photos now!!

a

I believe although the auto iso was set at max 3200, the camera still needed more to get the correct exposure, so it slowed the shutter below the minimum ss set.

I believe although the auto iso was set at max 3200, the camera still needed more to get the correct exposure, so it slowed the shutter below the minimum ss set.
Correct, the camera will override the set min shutter speed if it deems it won't expose properly.

It's one of the reasons why I tend to use manual setting more often.

Correct, the camera will override the set min shutter speed if it deems it won't expose properly.

It's one of the reasons why I tend to use manual setting more often.

Aaah I never knew that. I do shoot in manual but I started using auto ISO and A mode recently and its very handy.

Aaah I never knew that. I do shoot in manual but I started using auto ISO and A mode recently and its very handy.
I never knew either until I checked the manual - it used to really wind me up until I found out.

Once you know it's not a problem.

I have a D7000 which I love but don't really want to take it abroad with me for obvious reasons. I'm thinking if buying a good second hand D90 for this purpose and to use as a second body.
What do you guys think? Is it a good second body and will it compliment the D7000 or will I see a big difference in ISO performance etc?
Thanks

I've got a D90 and have recently owned and sold a Fuji X-E1 and now (hopefully!) settled on a D610. Anway, ISO wise with the D90 I always left it on ISO 200 and only moved up from their out of desparation. I wouldn't go beyond 800.

Otherwise it's a brilliant camera. In good light and the right lens I don't think I'm seeing much difference with the D610 unless you start zooming in.

I have a D7000 which I love but don't really want to take it abroad with me for obvious reasons. I'm thinking if buying a good second hand D90 for this purpose and to use as a second body.
What do you guys think? Is it a good second body and will it compliment the D7000 or will I see a big difference in ISO performance etc?
Thanks
Cheap d7k can be gotten for not a lot more than a decent 2nd D90.

D90 is a great camera I used it for years. But D7k is superior in every aspect.

In terms of attractiveness to thieves, they will go for both as they are both SLRs and thus look expensive.

Last edited:
Back