Dancers in an unfinished mansion

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
No
A friend - Tabitha Boydell - puts on events for photographers. I sometimes help out with lighting, especially where dancers are involved. Here's a few of my test shots from earlier this month.

Interestingly, Tabitha's normal style is to use very soft but directional natural light - so my lighting was largely chosen to replicate that.

SC2_4278-Edit-Edit.jpg

SC2_4338-Edit-Edit.jpg

SC2_4351-Edit-Edit.jpg

SC2_4410-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

SC2_4546-Edit-Edit.jpg

SC2_4632-Edit-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful work Simon, as usual. I'm a sucker for #3. That shadow is inch perfect. Planned? Or...?

#2 is great too. The hands framed almost perfectly around the flare. A foot to the right and you'd have lost the face.

I could go on, but I won't.

:clap:

Beautiful. :love: (y)

There is something truly magical about ballet dancers. At least, I'm always spellbound when I'm watching them . . .

Very nice set of dance style captures Simon, liking all of these pic's very much.

Beautiful work Simon, as usual. I'm a sucker for #3. That shadow is inch perfect. Planned? Or...?

#2 is great too. The hands framed almost perfectly around the flare. A foot to the right and you'd have lost the face.

I could go on, but I won't.

:clap:
Thanks!

The shadow shot: Erica was taking a break while her dance partner did some solo work. I spotted a patch of sunshine & asked if she'd mind doing a quick pic. One frame to get the exposure right, then I asked her to shuffle forward in 5th until her eye was just in the sunshine. Being a pro dancer she did exactly that. Second click, job done.

The hand framed around the flare: the shape was deliberate, the framing of the flare was luck.

I'm not into ballet but these shots are top quality...they are outstanding. As with Andrew, my favourite is the dancer on the stairs. They are all so skilful.

Back