Dark Pripyat - Now available on iTunes

Name
Ric
Edit My Images
No
mzi.bqaajvyg.225x225-75.jpg

Hi Guys

Just wanted to share that my "photo-book" from Chernobyl and Pripyat is now live on the iTunes store:

Dark Pripyat is an extraordinary interactive collection of pictures and sounds from the abandoned city of Pripyat & the Chernobyl exclusion zone during visits in 2010 - 2011

It's free for anybody to download (As long as you have an iPad - as this is what the interactive book is designed for) other static formats will be coming soon.

If you download and view, please feel free to leave a review or a rating it would be appreciated.

Thanks to all the people on Talk photography who submitted photos from the trip to include in the book, without your help it wouldn't have happened,

You can find the link to iTunes here:

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/book/dark-pripyat/id504131884?mt=11&ls=1

mzi.rajpzcoe.480x480-75.jpg

mzi.mlgvinpk.480x480-75.jpg

Thanks and hope you choose to download.

Just downloaded, will leave a review as well (as soon as I've read it).

great book. I'm dabbling with the ibooks author myself to make a book, when you produced the book and uploaded it did you have to select it as a textbook, or can you class it in any category?

One comment is that the chapters don't seem to change when you scroll in the chapter mode, you can see it is a new chapter as the pages are different but the chapter cover is the same on all the chapters - you have changed the section cover but not the chapter cover if you see what i mean. It's confusing on ibooks author though.

also on the info screen the print length says 19 pages, but there were 89 pages, think ibookstore has made an error there

Last edited:
great book. I'm dabbling with the ibooks author myself to make a book, when you produced the book and uploaded it did you have to select it as a textbook, or can you class it in any category?

One comment is that the chapters don't seem to change when you scroll in the chapter mode, you can see it is a new chapter as the pages are different but the chapter cover is the same on all the chapters - you have changed the section cover but not the chapter cover if you see what i mean. It's confusing on ibooks author though

The chapter image is the same for all chapters at the front of the book, a little bit annoying but that's how author does it.

You can apply it as a book or textbook and simply chose multiple category's where you think it fits when you export with iTunes producer

The chapter image is the same for all chapters at the front of the book, a little bit annoying but that's how author does it.

You can apply it as a book or textbook and simply chose multiple category's where you think it fits when you export with iTunes producer

thanks for the info.

you can change the chapter image. I only know cos I've changed the chapter image on mine, i have 7 chapters and a different image on each one :shrug:

thanks for the info.

you can change the chapter image. I only know cos I've changed the chapter image on mine, i have 7 chapters and a different image on each one :shrug:

Do you have a link to your book Joe, I'll check that out too, if it's photography based that is :)

Do you have a link to your book Joe, I'll check that out too, if it's photography based that is :)

i'm still working on it actually, it's going to be a for sale book as well, as it's a tutorial book on natural light photography. It's quite a bit more complicated to setup a paid for books account and am still in the process of doing so. I'll save that for another thread though as I don't want to crash this one (y)

I've put a 5 star review on your book by the way Carbonangel

Thanks for sharing, very much enjoyed reading your book.

Didn't realise you were able to go there, thought it was still off limits.

Only showing up on my iPad...will this be available for the iP4 anytime soon?

Only showing up on my iPad...will this be available for the iP4 anytime soon?

Unfortunately Dark Pripyat is iPad only, you wouldn't be able to view the pictures and text suitability on a iPhone screen it's too small.

I'm fascinated by Pripyat so will download as soon as I'm in front of the wifes iPad... Thanks!

Just read it after downloading to my iPad, great book. Always wanted to visit and thought about going last year on the TP posted trip, wish I had gone

Just had a chance to look at this now. Looks good.

How did you get hold of the black and white images on the first couple of pages? Did you seek permission to use them in the 'book'?

Downloaded to my ipad last night, great pictures and a really interesting read.

Thanks to all who contributed, and for making it available to us :clap:

Wow, this looks fabulous! I've always wanted to visit Pripyat myself. It looks like you really managed to capture the eerie spirit of the place in your photos. I will definitely be downloading this later.

Downloaded last week and looks great on the IPad! As a (semi-retired) urbexer, it's good to see someone do this kind of thing as except for Henk van Rensberger's books, there's precious little high quality urbex in print. Granted yours is self published, but it's of a really good standard!

Downloaded to my ipad last night, great pictures and a really interesting read.

Thanks to all who contributed, and for making it available to us :clap:

Wow, this looks fabulous! I've always wanted to visit Pripyat myself. It looks like you really managed to capture the eerie spirit of the place in your photos. I will definitely be downloading this later.

Downloaded last week and looks great on the IPad! As a (semi-retired) urbexer, it's good to see someone do this kind of thing as except for Henk van Rensberger's books, there's precious little high quality urbex in print. Granted yours is self published, but it's of a really good standard!

Cheers guys, glad you enjoyed it. :)

Hi Guys,

Unfortunately Dark Pripyat has been missing from the iTunes store for a few weeks because of some Meta changes which we implemented which apple didn't update properly so it's been circulating their queue for a while.

Until today!

Dark Pripyat is now available again on the iTunes bookstore once more, you can find more information on iBooks on your iPad or on the link below:

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/book/dark-pripyat/id504131884?mt=11&ls=1

PDF still available at: http://www.urbanpixels.co.uk/site/dark-pripyat

Just like to update you all, over 3000 downloads of my book via iTunes and another 2000 downloads via the PDF version, thanks to all the people who've downloaded and told friends.

I have another book from the zone been released soon!

Back