Dark Side of the Schnauzer

I rather like the concept but find the dark side just too dark tbh. I understand what you are trying to achieve but the one eye'd effect is a bit odd. Can you pick your favourite three that you'd like critique on and say what you've noticed yourself? You'll probably get more of a response from other members if you post less shots and ask for more specific feedback on the ones you think are the best.

Ah OK, thanks for the replies. 3,4 and 8 are probably my favourite so I'll have a go at brightening them up tomorrow and will post what I end up with. I think they might be a bit dark because I had to under expose them a bit when I got them onto my computer. I didn't notice in camera that I got my technique slightly off and you could still see some of the background.

As for the one eyed thing, that was more of a mistake rather than intentional. I took a few shots and only noticed that his other eye wasn't visible after about 10 pics so added a reflector to pick it back up. I K of what you mean about it being a bit odd but I quite like the last one

Hey guys,

So I've removed a few of the original images and also had a go at lightening my favourite image up a bit. I've only had time to work on one so far but will have a crack at the others tomorrow.

9C9A0509-2 by Steve Jones, on Flickr

What do you think?

With lightening it up I had to brush out quite a bit of the background as I didn't get it quite right in camera and you could just about make out some of my living room. If anyone has any tips on an easier way to do this then I'm all ears, though I expect 'get it right in camera' is the best advice I can be given =)

I'm going to have another go, I think that I maybe had the light too close to him and also need to get more light on his left side

Last edited:
Back