1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Downton Mini

Downton Mini

Name:
    Mark
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    As I get more into using my film cameras (as time allows anyway) I find myself thinking I would love to learn the skills of the darkroom! ( I have no room at present for my own darkroom but would love one one day!)

I currently send my films off to be developed but I have on order a labbox (which I hope to have in the next few months so I can have ago a developing my own black and white films!)

I was looking online and found a place in Birmingham (Some Cities) that do a weekend course which I would be tempted to do in the future I wondered if anyone here had had any experiance of this type of course?

2. Ste_S

Ste_S

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I keep meaning to check out Some Cities as it's just down the road from me.

As another option, AG Photographic (also in Brum) run Darkroom courses. Not attended one of their courses, but have visited dropping films off/ buying film and they seem like nice guys in a good work space.
    http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/darkroom-workshops-524-c.asp

3. Manwithacam

Manwithacam

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I have a couple of Agfa Rondinax Daylight tanks, a 35u and a 60, but I haven't got round to using them yet. They worked out cheaper than the lab box for the pair and last time I checked, in November, the lab box wouldn't be delivered until May.

I'm sure I'll have used mine before then

4. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I've used a Rondinax 35 (older version of the 35U but similar). It's very easy. Just remember to leave a bit of leader sticking out when you rewind the film (or get a retriever). Polyester-based films like Rollei Retro should be avoided, as the guillotine may have trouble cutting them (had to open my tank in the dark and cut with scissors). And dev times are reduced by 15% to compensate for the continuous rotation. They are economical though, half the usual amount of chems. :)