Darkroom Courses

Name
Mark Gameson
Edit My Images
Yes
As I get more into using my film cameras (as time allows anyway) I find myself thinking I would love to learn the skills of the darkroom! ( I have no room at present for my own darkroom but would love one one day!)

I currently send my films off to be developed but I have on order a labbox (which I hope to have in the next few months so I can have ago a developing my own black and white films!)

I was looking online and found a place in Birmingham (Some Cities) that do a weekend course which I would be tempted to do in the future I wondered if anyone here had had any experiance of this type of course?

As I get more into using my film cameras (as time allows anyway) I find myself thinking I would love to learn the skills of the darkroom! ( I have no room at present for my own darkroom but would love one one day!)

I currently send my films off to be developed but I have on order a labbox (which I hope to have in the next few months so I can have ago a developing my own black and white films!)

I was looking online and found a place in Birmingham (Some Cities) that do a weekend course which I would be tempted to do in the future I wondered if anyone here had had any experiance of this type of course?
I have a couple of Agfa Rondinax Daylight tanks, a 35u and a 60, but I haven't got round to using them yet. They worked out cheaper than the lab box for the pair and last time I checked, in November, the lab box wouldn't be delivered until May.

I'm sure I'll have used mine before then [emoji848]

I have a couple of Agfa Rondinax Daylight tanks, a 35u and a 60, but I haven't got round to using them yet. They worked out cheaper than the lab box for the pair and last time I checked, in November, the lab box wouldn't be delivered until May.

I'm sure I'll have used mine before then [emoji848]

I've used a Rondinax 35 (older version of the 35U but similar). It's very easy. Just remember to leave a bit of leader sticking out when you rewind the film (or get a retriever). Polyester-based films like Rollei Retro should be avoided, as the guillotine may have trouble cutting them (had to open my tank in the dark and cut with scissors). And dev times are reduced by 15% to compensate for the continuous rotation. They are economical though, half the usual amount of chems. :)

Back