The TP52 - 2026 Darkslinger's 52 for 26

Week 39 Water Drops

Not very inspired this week...we just came into a dry spell so no outside shots to be had.

I figured I'd try to shoot how water drops have a destructive impact on the printed word. So one shot processed a few different ways. Not my best work....

Week 39 - Water Drop 1.jpgWeek 39 - Water Drop 2.jpgWeek 39 - Water Drop 3.jpgWeek 39 - Water Drop 4.jpgWeek 39 - Water Drop 5.jpg
 
Fab take on the theme Bill :)
 
I think you’re being hard on yourself. I like the idea behind it.

I prefer the one where the paper is slightly yellowed.
Thanks Kell, I appreciate it. Not much of a "studio" photographer so I still think this is not the best of my submissions...
Good set Bill. Very creative.
Thanks Simon
Yes, very creative
Thanks you Paul
Fab take on the theme Bill :)
Thanks Dave
It's a great idea and well executed, the 3rd one stands out a little more than the others.
Thank you Allan, not the best of my work
Very clever and creative and effective. I like it
Thank you Alan
Good idea Bill, agree with your choice, the rounded corners make it stand out from the others as well
Thanks Keith
It's a good idea, its nice to explore a concept.
Thanks Nick, just not my thing...
 
Week 40 Everyday Tools

So, in my humble opinion, any tool could be an "everyday" tool for someone. With that in mind I thought that I'd take a trip out to Granville Island. This is a place that is full of artisan studios, mostly artistic in nature but some industrial workshops as well. I decided to shoot through the windows of the shops to see what I could find.

The first one is an image that of a bandsaw that I shot before. With the right light and the dirty windows in the background it always makes me feel like it has been forgotten/abandonded.

Week 40 - Tools 1.jpg

Saw these levels in the window, I liked the colour
Week 40 - Tools 2.jpg

Lots of tools here, I tried a version in b&w but liked the colour version better
Week 40 - Tools 3.jpg

I thought this industrial lathe looked cool
Week 40 - Tools 4.jpg

And a different lathe, in b&w
Week 40 - Tools 5.jpg

And then there was this woodworker hard at work with his electric drill waiting
Week 40 - Tools 6.jpg
 
Water drops
I really like the concept and it's well executed.

Everyday tools
That's a lovely set of images, it's hard to pick a winner.
 
Back
Top