Dartmoor dusk

Name
Jan
Edit My Images
No
The weather wasn't quite what it was supposed to be today - quite a long period of freezing cold, rain and cloud on the ground instead of cloudy, sunny spells and less cold that yesterday - but Dartmoor doesn't read weather forecasts and it was still good to be out. Finished the walk on Rowtor at dimpsey, a great time to still out but even better in summer, sitting by a stream drinking tea............ No tea today. It had been flask or stove? What the hell - stove (I prefer tea freshly made with river water), but I had lunch trying in vain to shelter from the rain and wind. No way was I getting the stove out. It cleared through later but I sat on Rowtor watching pockets of mist form over the wet ground as the temperature dropped even more.
I've contrast masked this one to bring out the shadows. Merging multiple exposures isn't an option for me.
Yes it is the Moon top left.

Rowtor by Jan, on Flickr

As it is, the take looks a little dull. In such cases, a tasteful freedom is
allowed to cheer it up a scene. I could make you suggestion vis PM…

As it is, the take looks a little dull. In such cases, a tasteful freedom is
allowed to cheer it up a scene. I could make you suggestion vis PM…

I was trying not to overcook the pp. The sky can be made more dramatic but it wasn't like that. Looking towards the higher ground the cloud was stil on the deck. Also I didn't want to lighten the foreground too much as it looks unnatural (well it does to me anyway). But if you have any tips on processing this type of image I'd be glad to hear them. My processing skills are limited!

Back