Darts walk on ladies scrapped

Mate of mine is a Grid girl for Touring cars, she loves her job... Gets her good exposure for her modelling career and has actually given her a break into presenting...

Cant imagine she'll be pleased if same happens with touring cars....

But hey, why should women do something they love cause someone else is offended on their behalf :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

How are be women going to be unemployed? being a grid girl for an F1 race is hardly a full time job.
They don't just do F1 though. The job is well paid and is flexible. Not everyone desires a 9-5 office job.

Mate of mine is a Grid girl for Touring cars, she loves her job... Gets her good exposure for her modelling career and has actually given her a break into presenting...

Cant imagine she'll be pleased if same happens with touring cars....

But hey, why should women do something they love cause someone else is offended on their behalf :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
If it is BTCC, she will be ok. Alan Gow, the series promotor has said he has no intention of removing the grid girls (or men) they are employed by the individual teams anyway.

what a load of PC crap I don't see what the difference between looking at a fit lady in the street and looking at a fit lady on tv.
Are the PC brigade going to next try to ban looking at fit ladies in the street?

what a load of PC crap I don't see what the difference between looking at a fit lady in the street and looking at a fit lady on tv.
Are the PC brigade going to next try to ban looking at fit ladies in the street?
And I thought they were trying to ban the burkha.

And I thought they were trying to ban the burkha.

I think on the back of this we should ban fat birds in jeans walking the street and offending my eyes.
or even those awfull fat birds in leggings that they bought when they were a size 12 and now at size 20.

We actually shouldn't sell womans jeans above a size 14 they should be forced into moomos

Yip, you are right. Where will this drivel end. Strictly Come Dancing - some fine looking ladies on that (and in all sorts of revealing clothes and poses). Britain's got Talent (probably not be allowed to say "Britain" soon) - Amanda Holden .... what a stunningly beautiful fit lady.

This is a western country with a western civilisation. Men and women get to make choices in their lives and if that means being glamorous in public for reward or other reason then that is just great. Anyone who cannot live with that maybe better off living some place where such freedoms are frowned up or outlawed.

Its all getting rather silly isn’t it! Not you lot but life in general! What we accepted as banter 30 years ago eh?

Wow. This thread is certainly eye opening to some of the stone age beliefs by the 'Political Correctness Gone Mad' brigade

What is stone age about it? Nothing wrong with beauty and using that as an asset.

Why do male shop mannequins wearing jumpers have a nice body and not one shaped like mine - cos the product would look awful with a gut hanging out!

Why do male shop mannequins wearing jumpers have a nice body and not one shaped like mine - cos the product would look awful with a gut hanging out!

It would make me feel better knowing how it would fit me and my well paid for beer belly :)

Wow. This thread is certainly eye opening to some of the stone age beliefs by the 'Political Correctness Gone Mad' brigade

I don't think its PC gone mad at all I think it is groups of society caving in to the thoughts of a minority culture.
Also groups of people being involved in certain sectors not having a say.

In the position of the F1 ladies were the people directly involved in the sport consulted?
Where people who regularly view F1 on TV consulted?
Were people who attend F1 events consulted?

I bet the answer to that is pretty much No, No and ummmm No.

So whats your point?

Many decades ago, I had a cousin who went for auditions to become a Playboy model (she lived in Canada at the time). She did it willingly, and already had a good degree qualification. She is now a very well paid commercial lawyer with her own practice.
Has anyone thought, that the women who CHOOSE to do this work will now be faced with a loss of work which may place them in financial hardship?
Maybe the modern day "Mary Whitehouses" would like to mull that one over?
Maybe they wouldn't care about disadvantaging someone in the pursuit of their "cause"?

TBH, if a woman wants to do the job of a grid girl (or the equivalent in other sports) then why shouldn't they?

I think on the back of this we should ban fat birds in jeans walking the street and offending my eyes.
or even those awfull fat birds in leggings that they bought when they were a size 12 and now at size 20.

We actually shouldn't sell womans jeans above a size 14 they should be forced into moomos

This, on the other hand, is bloody offensive. Rein it in!

Everyone (?) likes a bit of eye candy... my wife and her friends when talking about Luther spend half the time (or more) going on about how fit Idris Elba is - or are they stuck in the stone age too?

Its all getting rather silly isn’t it! Not you lot but life in general! What we accepted as banter 30 years ago eh?

Jokes like below are....................banter/funny, but you can guarantee someone will take offence. :rolleyes:

Jokes like below are....................banter/funny, but you can guarantee someone will take offence. :rolleyes:
It’s a joke?

Only a complete and utter a******e would use that language other than in an ironic way.
I’m afraid there’s nothing about his previous posting history that points to irony or even humour. It’s straight up offensive from someone who’s shown to repeatedly have a rather prehistoric attitude to women.

But you’re free to see it as ‘banter’, whilst I’m free to think that makes you asbad as him.

It certainly wasn’t in its time;)
You forgot to add "In my opinion"

The Benny Hill Show is a British comedy television show that starred Benny Hill and aired in various forms between 15 January 1955 and 16 May 1991 in over 140 countries.
At its peak in 1977, 21.10 million viewers watched Hill's show.

The top 10 for 2017

10. Strictly Come Dancing
BBC1, 4 November, 11.96 million

9. Strictly Come Dancing
BBC1, 18 November, 12.05 million

8. Strictly Come Dancing
BBC1, 28 October, 12.28 million

7. Blue Planet II (episode 5)
BBC1, 26 November, 12.62 million

6. I’m a Celebrity… (launch)
ITV, 19 November, 12.69 million

5. Strictly Come Dancing (final)
BBC1 16 December, 13.01 million

4. Blue Planet II (episode 4)
BBC1, 19 November, 13.11 million

3. Blue Planet II (episode 3)
BBC1, 12 November, 13.45 million

2. Blue Planet II (episode 2)
BBC1, 5 November, 13.97 million

1. Blue Planet II (episode 1)
BBC1, 29 October, 14.01 million

The Benny Hill Show is a British comedy television show that starred Benny Hill and aired in various forms between 15 January 1955 and 16 May 1991 in over 140 countries.

The top 10 for 2017

9. Strictly Come Dancing

8. Strictly Come Dancing

You forgot the context, there were 3 channels in 1977, in 2017 I had around 200.

The top 10 for 2017

9. Strictly Come Dancing

8. Strictly Come Dancing

The sad reflection there isn't the number of people that watched Benny Hill, but the number of people watching Strictly Come Dancing and the fact the numbers increased too. I'm a Celebrity, is no better.

When I got together with my wife she was bang on a size 20, and she was and is my MM. She is now a size 18 and I love her for everything, wit,charm,lovable and cute to me. I look on ALL women know matter what size they are, as they are just like any woman you`d met in the street, and she loves her curves as do I :)

You forgot the context, there were 3 channels in 1977, in 2017 I had around 200.
Ok a little context of others ..

The Morecambe And Wise Christmas Show (BBC1, December 25 1977): 21.30 million

The Royal Variety Performance (ITV, November 10 1963): 21.20 million

The Silver Jubilee Royal Variety Gala (ITV, December 4 1977): 21.20 million

Sale Of The Century (ITV, November 19 1977) 20.60 million

Ok a little context of others ..

The Morecambe And Wise Christmas Show (BBC1, December 25 1977): 21.30 million

The Royal Variety Performance (ITV, November 10 1963): 21.20 million

The Silver Jubilee Royal Variety Gala (ITV, December 4 1977): 21.20 million

Sale Of The Century (ITV, November 19 1977) 20.60 million

All those folk still only had the choice of three channels. ;)

All those folk still only had the choice of three channels. ;)
Agreed but it just goes to show that Benny Hill was just as popular as others of that time,
and last but not least the Queen herself ;)

And I still love the line from "Nobody home" Its as relevant today as it was back in 1979 when it was released ;)
"Got thirteen channels of s*** on the T.V. to choose from."

Last edited:
and the 4th option of turning the TV off
Ah yes, but in the 70's, a TV in the average working class home was still thought of as JuJu magic, and families gathered to worship! :LOL:

When I got together with my wife she was bang on a size 20, and she was and is my MM. She is now a size 18 and I love her for everything, wit,charm,lovable and cute to me. I look on ALL women know matter what size they are, as they are just like any woman you`d met in the street, and she loves her curves as do I :)

Size has never been an issue for me, personality, outlook, honesty etc etc.

An acquaintance I rarely see these days, stated that as ‘his’ wife, she should aim to keep her clothes size to 8-10, unless she was pregnant! He converted the garage to a gymnasium as he expects, after 3 children she ‘may’ get fat. The standing penalty - divorce!

Puts womens’ anger into context about abuse and power play by men.

Can't see the French being pressured into stopping the jersey presenting girls in the TDF, probably quite the opposite

I find the whole notion that you need semi naked women on hand to jazz up sport baffling to be honest.

It’s a joke?

Only a complete and utter a******e would use that language other than in an ironic way.
I’m afraid there’s nothing about his previous posting history that points to irony or even humour. It’s straight up offensive from someone who’s shown to repeatedly have a rather prehistoric attitude to women.
But you’re free to see it as ‘banter’, whilst I’m free to think that makes you asbad as him.

Phil, you seem to have a problem with anyone who doesn't share the same views as yourself, but surely if someone finds something funny...............it's funny to them.
The problem arises when someone takes offence & feels they have to call out/belittle someone for their personal sense of humour. It really is dead simple, if you don't find something funny, don't laugh. (you don't even NEED to comment)

Exactly.

What has the number of TV channels got to do with anything, in the context of humour.

TBH it seems like you have focussed more on the person who said it, as much as the content.

Years ago, if Bernard Manning cracked a joke about Mothers-in-Law, I bet you wouldn't have laughed, but maybe if Les Dawson had made a similar joke, you possibly would?

As it should be. (y)

My `moneyboss` was a size 12 when I met her 36+ years ago.
Years later a size 18.
Now a size 14.
We're still together & I don't feel any differently to what I did when we first met. :kiss:

The number of channels is relevant in that 60mil people we're watching just three channels. It's not rocket science.

Fully understand that (& not arguing) (y) but it started with post #59 & suggesting it (Benny Hill) wasn't funny at all.

Phil, you seem to have a problem with anyone who doesn't share the same views as yourself, but surely if someone finds something funny...............it's funny to them.
The problem arises when someone takes offence & feels they have to call out/belittle someone for their personal sense of humour. It really is dead simple, if you don't find something funny, don't laugh. (you don't even NEED to comment)

No, the language used could have been hilarious in a post modern ironic way, but from someone who has already shown obnoxious views to women, using that language is offensive. So who said something can be relevant, but it’s not as simple as whether I agree with them or whether they’re on my blacklist. On this occasion, it’s whether they’re being ‘funny’ or being obnoxious, and that was obnoxious, and I’m not the only one topoint it out.

What has the number of TV channels got to do with anything, in the context of humour.
The number of channels is relevant in that 60mil people we're watching just three channels. It's not rocket science.
Fully understand that (& not arguing) (y) but it started with post #59 & suggesting it (Benny Hill) wasn't funny at all.
As above, the number of channels is relevant to the size of audience, nothing to do with whether I thought it was funny, and only you think there’s a relationship there.
Years ago, if Bernard Manning cracked a joke about Mothers-in-Law, I bet you wouldn't have laughed, but maybe if Les Dawson had made a similar joke, you possibly would?
If Bernard Manning had said something I probably wouldn’t have heard, I never wanted to hear anything from such an obnoxious odious piece of s***.

And how any ‘intelligent’ person could ask such a question is a bit puzzling. He’s a racist tw@, he only deserves discussion in the context of ‘how could anyone ever have accepted that kind of thing?’

Last edited:
A warning has been given for this post
#Doncaster Nonce

discuss

I think there are going to be people out of work because of this.

Back