DaveKiddle's 52.2011 - Week 9 - Finish (Catching up slowly)

Your week three shot is fantastic, you can't help but be drawn to the teapot :) great image, just the right lighting i think.

The portrait shot is also really good, great focus on the eyes and the b & w really adds to the style of the shot, nicely done (y)

Crowbarred this one in - 'Clutlery' :naughty: :LOL:

5434586798_a1482f874e_b.jpg

nice :) nice grainy feel to it and like the contrast, bit of a shame your reflection is in the spoons though.

Your week 5 is the winner for me, great mono and very sharp (y)

Hiya Dave,

Brilliant!!! Love the way you have 'spooned' yourself into the image too.

Enjoying the creativity and originality of the image.

Can't fault it in any way.

Cheers

Dawn :)

I like it dave its a bit like teatime at our house :LOL: good shot (y)

really like this image dave, my only crit is that i think it need straightening a little.

Other than that top job!

Hiya Dave,

Nice take on the theme for this week.

Agree with Ben about a straighten, even though you put it down to lens distortion. The fact is that the verticals are very much off alignment which is quite distracting. I would also crop a bit of the bottom.

Otherwise I think you have made good use of lighting and composition.

Well done (y)

Cheers

Hi, Dave, yet another great take on the theme.

I saw it yesterday but thought I'd revisit it.

I like the composition, the cluttered bottom draws me upwards. The delicate leaf at the top.

The crushed leaves at the bottom.

The photograph is almost 50% leaves and 50% space which works well for me.

My first impression was I'd like to see it with clear glass, but I think I prefer this one to any clear glass version.

Cheers.

I like your take on delicate the contrast between the tough glass and delicate leaves works for me. Afraid I'm in the sort the verticals gang though

Chaos!

5522816820_81ac1976a8_b.jpg

OK I'm a bit behind due to various distractions but I intend to catch up this week!

For such a simple shot, this took a fair bit of setting up. Food dye dropped in water in a glass by medicine syringes. Backlit by softbox, camera on tripod with remote release, 105mm Macro lens at f/51! Lots of shots to get something remotely decent! :D

Last edited:
Hiya Dave,

WOW! I absolutely love your chaos photo, well done :clap:

The colours are fantastic and the abstractness is just what I like to see in an image. The border frames the photo perfectly.

I too must try something like this soon :D

Cheers

Chaos - very nice :)
Will have to try one of these some day - don't have a lens that goes to f/51 though :(
Thanks Kenny :) I used my Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 Micro which goes down to f/51 at minimum focus distance. Interestingly, it only goes to f/32 at infinity! It's something to do with the internal mechanics :thinking:

Hiya Dave,

WOW! I absolutely love your chaos photo, well done :clap:

The colours are fantastic and the abstractness is just what I like to see in an image. The border frames the photo perfectly.

I too must try something like this soon :D

Cheers

Thanks Dawn :D

WOW, that chaos is beautiful and the colours are gorgeous. The weight of colour to the right...is either pure genius or not right...and I can't make my mind up :confused: Maybe a tiny bit more light?
Well, it's pure genius of course :LOL: Thanks Tina :love: :LOL:

chaos - you clever bugger!!!! ;)
finished - not quite up to your usual standard, but I like the idea :)
M
x

Hiya Dave,

Wow I really like your Finish shot, the DOF, focus and processing work well (y)

Love the take on the theme.

Cheers

Hi, Dave, I could stare at your chaos for a long time...Jackson Pollock-esque (a bit anyway!).

Your finished looks like a "I don't know what to dooooooo". Apple core + lack of time = not a bad idea....I like the simplicity. Background's a bit, well, shall we say, "rushed".

Cheers.

Yet another 52 I've not been to yet!

Some great pictures Dave, I haven't the time to comment on all, so..........

Week 2 'New' - Love it
Week 8 'Chaos' - Excellent idea, and I didn't even know that a lens could go to f52!
Week 9 'Finish' - Another good take on the theme. I'd be tempted to crop some off the top.

I'm now following the thread, so hopefully I'll drop in more regular.

Hope the mojo is coming back as it would be a shame not to see you carry one. The Open shot was a fantastic idea and the colours in Chaos are brilliant.

Back