Davidh6781 - Themed 52 - Week 27 - Art Page 12

Before
4432583829_6606857762.jpg

After
4435629852_0f833bef7d.jpg

Nope, the landscape one for me! Great picture, love the minimalist theme, and I do like the extra space in the picture. To me it adds to the simpleness of the theme!

Nice simple shot - good colours. I prefer the landscape one. The shadows add to the depth as well. Good one.

Well here is candid. All of them looking hard at work. hmm, lol good old council workers.

4443295549_2f1845e707.jpg

Last edited:
I'm undecided on which is best for Chemistry now... they both have merits... I think in portrait edges it for me, but it's close...

The crop for candid works better for me... more focus on the workers and gets rid of the distracting ladder thing on the side of the van. It also looks more balanced with the way the signs are in the frame. I like it

cheers, yes i still have my own doubts which chemistry is better lol.

Candid just sums up some of the (Non) workers we have hehe

Thank you, i will admit though i was toyin with the idea of another shot i got which was a single person. but opted for group of people instead really for the range of colours.

The crop works better David - typical workmen scene - loads of bodies not one of them working :D

Are you sure that hasn't been photoshopped David? ;)
It's just that whenever I see those roadwork signs there are never any workmen around . . . :p

The crop definitely works better for me. Having the signs at either side of the frame just feels more balanced.
Good interpretation of the theme and it's a real social history shot. IMO it sums up a lot about where we are in 2010 with roadworks around every corner.

Ooo, I think I saw your produce shots on my Flickr contacts latest uploads...

I'm undecided about this crop. I like the tightness on the left of the frame, but think it would benefit from breathing space over on the right. I do prefer this one to the overall shot on your flickr though. (y)

Simple & effective. I like the lighting on this.

Phil

Lovely shot David. I would like to have seen a little more on the right hand side though.

Good shot nice vibrant colors, I think this shot works very well.

Allan

Thank you.

Ooo, I think I saw your produce shots on my Flickr contacts latest uploads...

I'm undecided about this crop. I like the tightness on the left of the frame, but think it would benefit from breathing space over on the right. I do prefer this one to the overall shot on your flickr though. (y)

Yep would of been mine on flickr. i had two that was uploaded but my personal choice was the crop.

I love your produce shot. The colours are great and it is very balanced. Excellent.

Jenny

Thank you

Simple & effective. I like the lighting on this.

Phil

Cheers the light worked well, the background that i use is semi reflective and the spot lights and under workspace tubes light it very nicely without trying hehe.

Lovely shot David. I would like to have seen a little more on the right hand side though.

Thank you i did take a few more of the crop so will have a browse to see in there is any breathing space on the right.

thank it did seem to come out really well,

I looked through the other taken and none had more on the right hand side.

Having seen the other version on your flickr I agree that the crop works better.

Lovely lighting, good composition and bang on theme (y)

Andy

Nice take on the produce theme David, like everyone else I would have liked to see more space on the right to aid the composition but thats taking nothing away from the image.

Nice natural colours and a well balanced image!

Dan

Simple and very effective.
Can see that shot being used for all sorts of advertising.

Oooooh :clap: :clap: :clap:
That's worked very nicely!!!

I've just had a look back through the rest of your 52 and I think that this is the best so far (y)
Comparing it to your chopped tomatoes in week 3 you can really see how much you've improved.

It's crisp, sharp and nicely composed. The colours are vibrant and the white background has worked perfectly.
I'd like just a smidge more space on the right so that ends of the herbs aren't cut off, but that's a very minor niggle.

I'm going to be a bit controversial about the lighting though.
On the whole it's worked well, but the shadows under the mushrooms are a touch too heavy for me. I think a little bit of light added from the RHS to minimise those and it would have been perfect.

Thank you.
Simple and very effective.
Can see that shot being used for all sorts of advertising.

Hi Sarah thanks, yes when I look back through my 52 there is a definate learning curve going on. the deeper you get into it the more thinking you do before presing the shutter.

Comments taken on board ready for the next time.

cheers

Oooooh :clap: :clap: :clap:
That's worked very nicely!!!

I've just had a look back through the rest of your 52 and I think that this is the best so far (y)
Comparing it to your chopped tomatoes in week 3 you can really see how much you've improved.

It's crisp, sharp and nicely composed. The colours are vibrant and the white background has worked perfectly.
I'd like just a smidge more space on the right so that ends of the herbs aren't cut off, but that's a very minor niggle.

I'm going to be a bit controversial about the lighting though.
On the whole it's worked well, but the shadows under the mushrooms are a touch too heavy for me. I think a little bit of light added from the RHS to minimise those and it would have been perfect.

That's a cracking shot. Some amazing detail and definition, colous are superb too.

Nice composition, nice lighting, nice colour scheme, excellent sharpness. I'm not sure about the rosemary being cut off at the right but that is just a minor quibble.

(y)

David that's worked very well indeed. Good colour, definition, details and lighting.

oooo Quad is great, love the colour, the DOF the lighting!
re-shoot of Mechanical is better, but (and it may be my screen) looks just a touch dark?

thank you Pete, This was with my new Helios 44-2 lens i am impressed for £9 delivered

I will have a play in Photoshop with the brightness, just can;t decide if dark or not lol.

Back