Day out take 2 !

Edit My Images
No
Hi All,

Here is my second go with the new lens. I have also done some post processing with these to get the standards up a little. Again, they probably still need some work, and any critique or tips would be great.

Some of these shots are a little noisy in places, but thats what happens when you shoot in ISO400 all day without realising it :>

Downloading Noiseware as we speak ;)

This is my favourite of the day, this Penguin was being picked on by the other penguins, so it tells a story too :(

Mirror2.jpg

Most of todays shot were made through fencing, which shows slightly in the below picture, and to be honest, spoils it. Any ideas on how to get rid of the slight blur where the fence is would be VERY much appreciated.

ruinedbyfence.jpg

Butterfly2.jpg

2Birds.jpg

The rest are at http://photobucket.com/albums/y42/slacky1/HareWood House/

Thanks for looking :)

-Rich

(EDIT: I should definately crop out that fence blur from the first image, DOH!!)

To get rid of fence blur in pics you need to lock the aperture open as wide as it will go (switch to av mode, and set to your largest aperture (the smallest number) and let the camera do shutter speeds), Zoom as close as you can and if possible be as close to the fence as you can with the front of the lens (preferably touching it) !

Hope that helps !

They are good pics by the way ! :)

IanC_UK said:
To get rid of fence blur in pics you need to lock the aperture open as wide as it will go (switch to av mode, and set to your largest aperture (the smallest number) and let the camera do shutter speeds), Zoom as close as you can and if possible be as close to the fence as you can with the front of the lens (preferably touching it) !

Hope that helps !

They are good pics by the way ! :)

Excellent tip, thanks :D

where did you go Rich?

Its Harewood House, about 8 miles outside of Leeds :)

Not a bad afternoon out, although i would say £10.25 entry fee was a little steep, especially considering they were closing early for a concert, and the fee didnt include access to the house, just the grounds.

Still, it was worth it i guess for the variety they had. The penguins were Entertainment Express, they are bonkers :D

The main reason i went was because they recently have set free around 30 Red Kites as part of a breeding and conservation program. I saw loads of them.....at about 1500feet altitude hehe, so no piccies of them im afraid.

A friend of mine says he has seen them landing on the grass quite often, and a shot of a Bird of Prey in the Wild (kind of) would have been nice :)

£10 aint bad, port Lympne and Howletts are around £13

zoos rock!

Well the great thing is that at Work we have a Company Card for Harewood, that i can borrow if i book in advance. Basically i get free access to everything.
This was a bit of a spur of the moment thing though as i couldnt think of anywhere else to go that is local.

There is a large Lake there too (30 minute boat ride, £3), and Gardens, so it would be worth spending a day there i think. A good wide angle lens might come up trumps inside the house itself, probably even the 18-55 kit lens i imagine.

http://www.harewood.org/

I see someone else has bought themselves another cracker of a lens and managed to get some great results out of the box.

Looking at the results here you must be very happy with your purchase :)

Steve said:
I see someone else has bought themselves another cracker of a lens and managed to get some great results out of the box.

Looking at the results here you must be very happy with your purchase :)

Yep i am :D

£115 well spent i feel, cant recommend this lens enough. Certainly isnt 'L' Glass, but as im only starting out in Photography its more then good enough :)

Thanks for the comments! :)

Back