Daytime Moon

any recommendations?
That would be it on a over sharpened jpg! You will get better results with the RAW.
the cast is natural
Yes sometimes and in given conditions, but not always Bryn, it has a lot to do with
the amount of dust in suspension in the air and/or pollution.

Daytime%20Moonpp.jpg

Last edited:
:agree:
Agree with Tim above, looks very natural as it is and the colour helps preserve the time of day it was taken.
Very good detail from your lens again, it is giving impressive results.

Love these. I might have to have a go myself - I love the moon as a subject of photography. #1 for me in these... The composition works well.

Yeah don't.... the cast is natural. Why would anyone recommend it???

Excellent shots, #1 being the better composition

With this I concur. No need to interfere. Leave as is.

Why does some geezer on here keep telling everyone that their pictures are wrong all the time and then altering them. Its not as if he puts any shots up for crit either. I feel that the whole forum has been hijacked by an ego maniac. I think the moderators should get involved.
The pictures as posted are fine by me and as taken here, in the blue hour and in a half moon phase

Why does some geezer on here keep telling everyone that their pictures are wrong all the time and then altering them. Its not as if he puts any shots up for crit either. I feel that the whole forum has been hijacked by an ego maniac. I think the moderators should get involved.
The pictures as posted are fine by me and as taken here, in the blue hour and in a half moon phase

I have to agree with this. Some folk just seem to think they are right all the time and know better than everyone else but are evidently incapable of practising what they preach by producing less than average pictures themselves.

I've had a great number of pm's regarding this subject and some from folk who have been genuinely upset by some comments made in post and by pm. Think on.

Last edited:

I have to agree with this. Some folk just seem to think they are right all the time and know better than everyone else but are evidently incapable of practising what they preach by producing less than average pictures themselves.

I've had a great number I'd pm's regarding this subject and some from folk who have been genuinely upset by some comments made in post and by pm. Think on.

I couldn't have said it quite so politely...I fully agree!

I get critique and all that but this just feels wrong and to be frank it's getting me annoyed ( I wont swear :D)

I couldn't have said it quite so politely...I fully agree!

I get critique and all that but this just feels wrong and to be frank it's getting me annoyed ( I wont swear :D)

Me polite? That's a first;)

I think the moderators should get involved.
Its a sharing forum, people post in the critique / feedback section for critique,
1) they can either take any critique on board or ignore it.
or
2) they can respond as they see fit
or
If it genuinely upsets or annoys them they can
3) ask for no critique in the opening post
or
4) post in a none critique section
or
5) RTM the post(s) and we'll take a look.

keep telling everyone that their pictures are wrong all the time
This is a biased and incorrect statement.
and then altering them
When the edit says yes, when I am asked for suggestions… sure
if I feel it could possibly help.
Its not as if he puts any shots up for crit either.
You are completely of track here…
I feel that the whole forum has been hijacked by an ego maniac. I think the moderators should get involved.
Really?

Why does some geezer on here keep telling everyone that their pictures are wrong all the time and then altering them

He gives his opinion, as he's entitled to do, and edits photos as he's entitled to do if indicated.

Its not as if he puts any shots up for crit either

You need to look harder

I feel that the whole forum has been hijacked by an ego maniac

Again, he gives his opinions, there's no limit to the number.

I think the moderators should get involved.

And do what?

So, if you think a photo is fine, that's the only opinion that counts.

It seems that the OP was fine with regards to Kodiak's comments, it just appears to e others getting offended on his behalf.

Well that escalated quickly.....

....back to the photos. IMO these look great, I would be over the moon (haha) if I had taken these. I've tried many times, failed (the same number of times) and given up trying - this is not as easy as Carl has made it look - well done! (y)

Great shot's Carl.... Can imagine how you could use this as a layerd backdrop ETC

Last edited:
I have to agree! I thought I was being over sensitive to his comments. I'm surprised he can see anything from up there on his ivory tower. This image is stunning, and taken hand held " Carl you are a ninja". My only new year resolution is (use the kill filter).

Back