Decent binoculars at Lidl

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a few pairs of binoculars (its a weakness - and no I am not a peeping tom) but I saw a pair at Lidl for £17 and thought I would try them and they are excellent.

10 X 50 with a 5 year warranty - Not heard of the make (Bresser) but I recently tried a £300 pair of binoculars in Currys and I reckon these are better

Last edited:
Blimey, they're cheap! At that price you can't go wrong.......or need to be extra careful with them.

I've heard of `Bresser` before & seen some of their bins @ +£250

Just looked on Amaz0n & these look the same @£40 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bresser-1151050-Binoculars-Hunter-10x50/dp/B00140G1I0

Yeah that looks like them, I read on some stargazing forum and they said they were good but you had to check them before buying to make sure you got a good pair as some can be a bit dodgy build apparently

Mine seem fine and very sharp and clear which was what the members on there said

Bresser are a well known maker of bins, well mostly Chinese importers of bins these days but if you can get a decent pair for £17 then go for it.

/Typically your link no longer works, Lidl have updated their offers pages.

Last edited:
Bresser are a well known maker of bins, well mostly Chinese importers of bins these days but if you can get a decent pair for £17 then go for it.

/Typically your link no longer works, Lidl have updated their offers pages.

Yeah well I thought for that price it was worth a go and I am pleased I did

I have removed the link :)

Picked up a pair yesterday and they are much better than my current cheap (but not as cheap) pair.

Picked up a pair today for my brother!

Thanks for the heads up!

My `moneyboss` went to our nearest Lidl this morn.....none left. :rolleyes:

Had a set of these for a few yeas now. They were about £12 then! I can't recommend them enough. At the price you'll not find anything better without spending another £20-£30.

Just make sure you check them well as I've heard of focus issues on the odd 'rogue' set.

Picked up a pair yesterday and they are much better than my current cheap (but not as cheap) pair.

Picked up a pair today for my brother!

Thanks for the heads up!

You're welcome...... Yeah they are pretty good, I am a sucker for binoculars so always try any I find and these were/are impressive

Had a set of these for a few yeas now. They were about £12 then! I can't recommend them enough. At the price you'll not find anything better without spending another £20-£30.

Just make sure you check them well as I've heard of focus issues on the odd 'rogue' set.

Yeah I read online were some people got duff ones, I must have been lucky but I did try the ones I bought but not to find problems just to make sure they were worth buying

Just come back from a couple of weeks on the Costa del Sol and I noticed they were selling these at their Lidls for 20 euros, which I think would be a few pence cheaper than us. They went from 10 pairs to no pairs in about 3 days.

Back