Deer at dawn

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
Sorry, another bushy park deer thread:)!!

Local to me but my first trip for a couple of years in the rut. Tried to capture something a little different to the classic bellowing stags, although I couldn't resist those as well!

These were taken a couple of weeks ago on the morning of the 12th, but I have been a bit slow processing and posting.

The light was beautiful against the sky and as it came through the mist there was a magical 15 minutes.

Quite tricky this early and whilst I was impressed with the noise capabilities of my 70D (first time used at these ISO) I would still have liked less!

Whilst I was framing 5, I was praying for the second deer to raise its head, but no joy, breakfast was too important for the deer!

Constructive C&C always welcome.

Cheers

Alan

watching the sun come up by crossland_alan, on Flickr

proud by crossland_alan, on Flickr

backlit by crossland_alan, on Flickr

wake up by crossland_alan, on Flickr

golden fleece by crossland_alan, on Flickr

honey by crossland_alan, on Flickr

breath by crossland_alan, on Flickr

I like these too alan, 3,4 and 6 for me - just because of the lovely warm colour (even though I bet it was a bit chilly), nothing wrong with the rest of them, I just like those in particular.

I like these too alan, 3,4 and 6 for me - just because of the lovely warm colour (even though I bet it was a bit chilly), nothing wrong with the rest of them, I just like those in particular.
:plus1: Beautiful light and a beautiful set.

I'd label that a successful session.

Really terrific set. I think number 4 is my favourite, but they are all great. Light is stunning!

A very good set nice early colours to, a stream of hot breath from the bellowing stag would have put the icing on the cake but of course you have no control over that. well done (y)

Stunning pics, love them all.

Sean.

The light looks fantastic. Hard to pick a favourite but perhaps #3 or 4 edge it for me. All beautiful shots though!

Back