Deer

Edit My Images
Yes
This is my first go at a nature type animal shot. How did I do? Am I right to have included both deer?

deer.jpg

Ribby said:
This is my first go at a nature type animal shot. How did I do? Am I right to have included both deer?
I'm really not sure.

My first thought was that the ground was a bit busy and distracting, so I got to thinking that maybe a shorter DOF would have helped with the focus being on the deer nearest the camera.

Its alright though. B-, maybe? :)

Did you get chance to try any more ideas, or is this the only one you got?

I took some others. I'll post one later.

I like the composition on this, with the deer in the foreground taking almost half the frame and then one in the background looking on - gives a good depth to the shot:thumb:

Their expression leads me to think they have not quite accepted you with open hearts;)

Good shot though, how close did you get - looks like it was very close, and was this a reserve of some type or are they wild deer.

Thanks for sharing:)

Overall it looks fine to me :)

The green looks a little rich for this time of year and the deer somehow look a little 'cut out' from the background (like you get with fill flash sometimes). Plus the background is a little busy. Really just things I could say rather than things I think *need* saying :)

Nice job.

Back