Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
David
Edit My Images
No
-

Last edited:
End of April-July is best and the 100-400 should be fine for nest-building, approaches to the cliffs etc ... 1.4 to get stuff further out in flight.
You don't have to pay as there is a path running down beside the RSPB Visitor Center BUT bearing in mind that there is a carpark provided, toilets, food and the upkeep of the site and bird welfare, there is little reason not to IMO. :)

For a small monthly sum why not join the rspb you then get free access to all there sites

If you enter through the visitor centre, an entry fee is payable.

If you look on the RSPB web site they usually have an up to date list of sightings at Bempton and if you give them a ring they are very helpful

Don’t you think your expectation of free entry is wrong ,it’s not a wild cliff top site , there are large viewing platforms every few hundred yards ,the paths get better every time I visit , the parking is now free ,there are plentiful toilet facilities .
So to go there with photo equipment which does not come cheap and expect free entry goes against the grain imho . Being out of work is not a excuse these days

Oh for gawds sake don’t give me the old soldier act ,you can afford circa 4 grand for a canon R5 but can’t afford a fiver for a day out . The mind boggles .
and btw I’m nearly 80 and have a very dodgy ticker ,arthritis in both knees on a pension but still pay

Last edited:
I did pay a monthly subscription to the RSPB but changed to a monthly payment to the Lincolnshire wildlife trust , I will probably re do the RSPB so supporting both , I like to know I help out in a small way, When at the sites I use the cafe , A bit more support , Nice to know toilets are available , Saves filling your pants :oops: :$:)

Oh for gawds sake don’t give me the old soldier act ,you can afford circa 4 grand for a canon R5 but can’t afford a fiver for a day out . The mind boggles .
and btw I’m nearly 80 and have a very dodgy ticker ,arthritis in both knees on a pension but still pay
Well said. Out of work yet can afford to spend £4K+ on camera equipment plus all the other lenses and bodies etc in his bio and travel there and back but not afford the £4 or £5 depending on the time of the year to get in and support the hard work the RSPB do to the area.

OK Guys, I think we can safely say, we are done with this.
Mind the doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back