Dell 2407WFP 24" screen £407 today

Thats a great price, I have the 20.1" version of this one and I'm really tempted to grab this at this price......I can't afford it though :(

Ive got a 2405 and 2407 and I really like them both, ive calibrated both by eye to the photobox test print and im very happy. At that price you cannot go wrong...

My buy button finger is getting itchy. I'll resist for now but maybe later today if I still feel the same...

Bargain! :nuts:

Is this the one that suffered from banding issues? I looked in to 24 inch TFTs a little but decided they were too expensive. Plumped for a 22inch Samsung in the end (should arrive tomorrow! :woot: ). Had this cropped up earlier though, I'd have to seriously consider it.

:)

No banding issues on the latest batch, and the 2407 has a built in card reader and usb ports. Fantastic piece of equipment for that price!

Lost control of my buy button. Just ordered one.

I hate you Robert..:annoyed:

I have wanted one of these for quite some time now and even put Eric Bunny on my favorite sellers on eBay.

He is as cheap as anyone in the UK but still charging £429 plus £20 shipping..:bonk:

These are £407 inc VAT and shipping.. It would be rude to say no at this price..:LOL:

Robert... I don't know whether I love you or hate you..:D

Mines been despatched - from Limerick! Tracking says to be delivered on or before the 11th. Maybe someone is walking here with it after taking the ferry.

I went through Rpoints so I should get £14 rebate on that price ;)

Just bought one ... 50mins before the end of the offer ... phew.
Am I glad I read this thread.
Thanks Robert. :)

Oh markp good spot, but its a lower res version that one is 1680 x 1050 not 1920 x 1200 :nuts: :D

Offer over. Back at £571 now..:razz:

What a bargain.:clap:

*sigh*, I bought the older version while I was in the US a couple years ago at about £520, and I thought that was a bargain! :eek:

now, just have to wait for the 30" to come down a bit in price. :nuts:

Mine arrived today :)

Worth waiting for :)

Can't believe how good my pictures look now - so sharp and crisp.

mon1.jpg

mon2.jpg

mon3.jpg

mon4.jpg

mon5.jpg

mon6.jpg

Awesome stuff Robert, You were really on the ball when they were on offer.

I was too busy thinking do I really need one or not.. Then thought what the hell I will order one and the offer had ended..:(

Yes I am a knob-head..:bonk:

Nice one Robert (y) that looks like a gorgeous monitor and what a bargain!

A

I was too busy thinking do I really need one or not..

I did quite a bit of that too. Have to say I'm really glad I did go for it. My old 19" screen was 1280 1024 so this one has more pixels but is bigger. I didn't expect things to seem this much sharper. Just been looking at some Yosemite pictures and going WOW! a lot :D

Very nice Robert, I am very pleased for you, And jealous too now..:D

... I'm waiting for the 11th (Weds)... thats when mine arrives. Could have got it today, but no-one was going to be home..
... waiting...
... waiting..

I thought of you when I took the box opening shots ;)

I've just searched out the monitor calibration threads on here and everything I've found checks out fine with default settings. Remains to be seen if it really is spot on but looking good so far in more ways than one :)

Very nice Robert. (y) What's the max display res on that?

robert I have just bought a dell PC with a 22" monitor but I do not know which cable is best for connection, the dvi or the vga. Which set up have you chosen? Do they make a differnce.

Dell are nice :)

DVI is generally regarded as the best way. My old screen was DVI (and was better using it than VGA) so I just reused the lead. I think the technology has improved now though as peope who have tried both say the difference is only slight - with DVI still being best.

Me and my housemate did a comparison on his Dell monitor, switching between DVI and VGA, but couldn't really tell the difference. The main difference is that VGA is an analogue signal, whereas DVI is digital. With VGA, you get the possibility of banding and distortion.
It's a bit like digital and analogue TV - with analogue you can have a picture that's a bit fuzzy, but with digital you either get a good picture or nothing at all.

My monitor has arrived :woot:

NB: With some CAD packages you do see some "interference/fringing" using analogue depending on the line widths and patterns. DVI fixes this. Hence we all use DVI at work.

Me and my housemate did a comparison on his Dell monitor, switching between DVI and VGA, but couldn't really tell the difference. The main difference is that VGA is an analogue signal, whereas DVI is digital. With VGA, you get the possibility of banding and distortion.
It's a bit like digital and analogue TV - with analogue you can have a picture that's a bit fuzzy, but with digital you either get a good picture or nothing at all.

From my own experiments, there is a very clear difference between using the VGA cable and a DVI cable on a LCD monitor.

It's only logical that there's a difference since:
Computer [Digital] -> VGA cable [Analogue] -> LCD monitor [Digital]

as opposed to:

Computer [Digital] -> DVI [Digital] -> LCD monitor [Digital]

On my test, the VGA cable route produced a slightly fuzzy image on the LCD monitor. Line edges and text was noticeably sharper when I switch to DVI.

Back