Dell all in one

link works fine here on IE.............speak to your techy guy..............oh wait a minute lol

Seems decent, but it isn't the best setup you could get for that money. The touch screen to me seems useless on a desktop.

Try shopping around more.

It's basically a laptop with a big, non-replaceable screen with all the caveats that go with it (like low performance/cost ratio, difficulty of repairupgrade etc). *Personally* I would rather buy a separate base unit:

http://www.chillblast.com/Chillblast-Fusion-Photo-OC-Lite.html

Or if you're on a budget then something like this with 16GB RAM and 128GB SSD for about £800 inc VAT: http://www.chillblast.com/Chillblast-Fusion-Obsidian.html

Thanks for the reply
At that price the chill Blast does not seem like a deal to me with only a 128GB SSD, and may be i am not as up to date with these things as i should be but I have never heard of a chill blast and feel a bit more comfortable with the Dell brand ..

The all in one doesn't seem like a fair comparison to a Laptop as it is a more powerful machine with no battery and no keyboard etc. attached ..,.

I do agree the touch screen on the desk top seems like a waste of time , but you can lay it flat and play air hockey on it .. :)

Bamp

In the end it doesn't matter where you buy it from, it's just a company slapping a brand on a package desktop.

SSDs are far more powerful than mechanical drives and therefore cost a lot more per gig. Additionally, if you buy SSDs with newer tech they will cost more than the same sized SSD. It's common to buy an SSD for Windows and a few apps then use a large HD for storage/ everything else.

Here is another place

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-systems/home-and-media-pc/desktop-pcs

Thanks for the reply
At that price the chill Blast does not seem like a deal to me with only a 128GB SSD, and may be i am not as up to date with these things as i should be but I have never heard of a chill blast and feel a bit more comfortable with the Dell brand ..

The all in one doesn't seem like a fair comparison to a Laptop as it is a more powerful machine with no battery and no keyboard etc. attached ..,.

I do agree the touch screen on the desk top seems like a waste of time , but you can lay it flat and play air hockey on it .. :)

Bamp

Re the 128GB SSD, that would be in addition to an ordinary HDD. And the Dell is EXACTLY a laptop in the way I described, matching the spec of my Dell XPS15 very closely, which is how they can build such a tiny unit.

I've nothing against Dell - far from it since I own one - but if you want a machine for processing images and don't need laptop portability then you could do better.

@mariner the Dell does come with a 32GB SSD and a 1 TB mechanical drive so i just think the Chill Blast system is not as good value for money wise .
I know that they are all built in a sweat shop in china somewhere (or at least the parts are) but i would rather deal with a company I have heard of..

but thanks for the advice it has spurred me to look at other stuff , namely the Lenovo but that falls a bit short in spec ..but the price aint bad

Just to let you all know , after all that i ended up with a 27inch 5K iMac.. still getting used to the switch from Windows but i think it was the right move for me ..

thanks for all the advice

Back