Dell Inspiron 2350 factory reset

Skyline

Emmet Brickowski
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
I have a Dell Inspiron 2350 that I would like to reset to how it was the day I bought it. (Nothing wrong with it. Looking to sell)
I know this may be silly question but I want to make sure before I do something I regret.

If I do a factory reset will window 8.1 still be there? (It say on the pc windows 8 but is running 8.1. They put 8.1 on when they sent it to me)

If your'e restoring from a recovery partition, it will have what was factory installed.

You could probably get a free update to windows 10 if required.

Dougie.

Last edited:
i would put w10 on it from scratch
you allrady have a built in licence for it with W8

Looks like you want a reset, the guide for it as follows:

Reset your PC

If you want to recycle your PC, give it away, or start over with it, you can reset it completely. This removes everything and reinstalls Windows.
Note: If you upgraded your PC from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 and your PC has a Windows 8 recovery partition, resetting your PC will restore Windows 8. You’ll need to upgrade to Windows 8.1 after the reset has finished.
Warning: All of your personal files will be deleted and your settings will be reset. All apps that you installed will be removed. Only apps that came with your PC will be reinstalled.

To reset your PC
  1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
  2. Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
  3. Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
  4. Follow the instructions on the screen.
Note: You'll be asked to choose whether you want to erase data quickly or thoroughly. If you choose to erase data quickly, some data might be recoverable using special software. If you choose to erase data thoroughly, this will take longer but it makes recovering data less likely.

The website i got that from is here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-your-pc-51391d9a-eb0a-84a7-69e4-c2c1fbceb8dd :)

Or you could do as Paul said above and install Windows 10, that also gives you the option to erase everything and start from scratch but i'm not sure if it will do a thorough drive wipe in the process. The website to download it is here (https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10) and you can just run it in Windows, you don't need to put it on a USB stick or anything.

Last edited:
i would put w10 on it from scratch
you allrady have a built in licence for it with W8
Looks like you want a reset, the guide for it as follows:

Reset your PC

If you want to recycle your PC, give it away, or start over with it, you can reset it completely. This removes everything and reinstalls Windows.
Note: If you upgraded your PC from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 and your PC has a Windows 8 recovery partition, resetting your PC will restore Windows 8. You’ll need to upgrade to Windows 8.1 after the reset has finished.
Warning: All of your personal files will be deleted and your settings will be reset. All apps that you installed will be removed. Only apps that came with your PC will be reinstalled.

To reset your PC
  1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
  2. Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
  3. Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
  4. Follow the instructions on the screen.
Note: You'll be asked to choose whether you want to erase data quickly or thoroughly. If you choose to erase data quickly, some data might be recoverable using special software. If you choose to erase data thoroughly, this will take longer but it makes recovering data less likely.

The website i got that from is here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-your-pc-51391d9a-eb0a-84a7-69e4-c2c1fbceb8dd :)

Or you could do as Paul said above and install Windows 10, that also gives you the option to erase everything and start from scratch but i'm not sure if it will do a thorough drive wipe in the process. The website to download it is here (https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10) and you can just run it in Windows, you don't need to put it on a USB stick or anything.

Thanks.

I called Dell and they were happy to help me.

What I got told (and I haven't done it yet, is restart pc, hold down shift. The options then comes onto the screen when you want to do. There's one there reset it to how it was shipped to me (or along those lines).
I'm going to give it a go very soon when I have the time.

Back