Demoiselles

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Demoiselles from Bushy Park. Always a challenge, but they will often only fly a short distance once disturbed. So it is possible to get a few goes at getting a good shot. I havent see beautiful demoiselles in the main park (as they prefer fast running water, whilst banded demoiselles prefer slower water) so assumed this was a male banded until I got home and looked at the image on the computer.

1. Female banded demoiselle
2018-06-13 09-22-54 TH0A5185.jpg

2. Male beautiful demoiselle
2018-06-13 09-20-52 TH0A5143.jpg

… the second really looks alien.

Cool capture! (y)(y)(y)

2 lovely renditions here and sometimes I find it hard to get a good shot with flash as it bounces off them causing a blur effect.
These are worth the frame.

2 lovely renditions here and sometimes I find it hard to get a good shot with flash as it bounces off them causing a blur effect.
These are worth the frame.

These are natural light, not flash. Sometimes I do use flash but going thru a 'natural light' stage. I just have to accept high ISOs sometimes

These are natural light, not flash. Sometimes I do use flash but going thru a 'natural light' stage. I just have to accept high ISOs sometimes
I live in the South of France, Always a strong light here but I always use a flash.

Nicely done Stephen

Back