Derelict places

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi just a question on derelict places. I am looking for various locations to shoot my daughter for a modelling portfolio. Have any of you entered such places or have you sought permission. I have no issues in asking for permission to enter derelict places but trying to locate owners to ask in the first place seems a mission

Yes, I have entered such places within that geographic area, sometimes with and sometimes without explicit permission. However derelict is a broad category and East Anglia can involve a 3hr journey from end to the other.. anything in particular you're looking for?

My daughter wants a modelling portfolio and one of my suggestions was to look for derelict places for some unique backgrounds. Historic houses seem to have the best appeal or run down buildings but i try to think of the top of my head I run out of ideas. Industrial look also springs to mind but then so does safety and trespassing else I would be straight down the old Avon building as its local to me

Where in East Anglia are you? If you're over towards the Cambs / Beds way, I know of a few places.

Hi, where are you in east anglia I know a very good location

Not sure if anyone will see this but too am keen to shoot some derelict/abandoned buildings, only thing that gets in the way is goig alone so if anyone else is interested around Norhants i will be up for it!.....

I know St.Crispins mental Asylum in Duston is one place!

I have contacts in the council so will ask if there are any abandoned premises we can have permission to enter. If they say yes I will get something more official to show this and message you when I get it

Asking for permission will fail 95% of the time, Councils and property owners don't really accept that people would like to look around their derelict properties. The request will fall at the first hurdle when someone raises Health and Safety, every now and then you will be lucky enough to stumble upon someone who will be accommodating and let you in with a few caveats.

But in my experience, it is much less hassle to hop the fence and worry about getting caught than asking for permission. And if you ask for permission, have it denied and then go anyway and get caught, I think the outcome is a lot worse (would have to check tbh).

Not sure if anyone will see this but too am keen to shoot some derelict/abandoned buildings, only thing that gets in the way is goig alone so if anyone else is interested around Norhants i will be up for it!.....

I know St.Crispins mental Asylum in Duston is one place!

It is undergoing conversion at the moment, which means the contractors will boot you off site in an instant.

on a side not, dereliction + models is hardly original.

I won't need to hop a fence. I work alongside council workers who have already granted permission. Besides if I was to hop the fence I would lose my own job being in the police!

Sectionate said:
Asking for permission will fail 95% of the time, Councils and property owners don't really accept that people would like to look around their derelict properties. The request will fall at the first hurdle when someone raises Health and Safety, every now and then you will be lucky enough to stumble upon someone who will be accommodating and let you in with a few caveats.

But in my experience, it is much less hassle to hop the fence and worry about getting caught than asking for permission. And if you ask for permission, have it denied and then go anyway and get caught, I think the outcome is a lot worse (would have to check tbh).

It is undergoing conversion at the moment, which means the contractors will boot you off site in an instant.

on a side not, dereliction + models is hardly original.

I never said anything about models?? I want buildings

oblivion said:
I have contacts in the council so will ask if there are any abandoned premises we can have permission to enter. If they say yes I will get something more official to show this and message you when I get it

Oh excellent you star!! :)

Back