Critique Derwent Water

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
Hi

Managed to spend some time in the Lakes over new years first time in a long time i have been up there . It was a awesome trip but the weather was pretty rubbish for most of it .

The last day however the weather improved and we also got a dusting of snow . Transformed the views . This was taken on the last morning in a bit of a panic lol .

Derwent Water Reflections by Lee Black, on Flickr

All comments welcome

Thanks Lee

That’s great Lee. Perfect reflection and symmetry.
The pastel colours work really well too.

I'm a sucker for a reflection and this is lovely. I think the boathouse is a dilemma, I can't decide if I'd crop to the left of it or clone it and the bits and bobs around it, or just leave it.

The tones are lovely, very subtle and fits the mood of the conditions. (y)

Beautiful image!!
I think this would also make a great looking 16:9

We like to get down there at least once a year but haven't been for a couple of years now.
I always wanted to see the Lakes in winter so we took the motorhome down there a few years ago in February.
A few nights in Windermere then up to Keswick for 4 nights.
Absolutely stunning!!

Beautiful subtle colours.
Re. the boathouse. I like it's inclusion but if you are a rule of thirds addict then you could have used a wider angle and then cropped on the left.
Not too much as I think Catbells are an important part of the scene.
This would alter the aspect ratio thought.

Whatever you do it's a great image.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments . I did wonder about the boathouse and if im honest it does slightly annoy me wish i had gone slightly wider .

Very nice the PP is well done

Edit
Have you shown your shots from Helvellyn because you should

Last edited:
Excellent, well done:)

Back