Desire HD is in da house

bastic

A star
Name
Lukas
Edit My Images
Yes
my house :nuts:

this phone is really hard to get at the moment...so on my coffee break I went to CWH to ask if they have any in stock....
they had 2 !

so I had to get it :)
again went for 12 months contract, paying same money and had to pay only £70 for mobile which I find really cheap as it is only for 12 months:)

Phone is amazing :) I though it will be much bigger but does not feel like this.
Feels great in hand. Screen is lovely. maybe not amoled, or Retina but still I like it :razz:

everything works really fast. I had Hero ( still have it and maybe it will go for sale soon) and notice huge speed improvement.
Had no time yet to play with it properly but I will ;>

if anyone wants to ask me any questions please do. I know there is few people out there thinking about this phone ;)

L.

mine is better !!!:cool:

bigger screen, more RAM, integrated with htcsense.com more mpix camera

thats it form my head....

Get the black case-mate to go with it, very cool addition!

Get the black case-mate to go with it, very cool addition!

still not sure about case for it...where would you buy a case for a mobile ? best and cheapest store is.. ?

mine is better !!!:cool:

bigger screen, more RAM, integrated with htcsense.com more mpix camera

thats it form my head....
I'm not disputing yours is better but I wouldn't want a bigger screen on mine, it'll just mean shorter battery life which is already short enough. More RAM would be nice as I assume it speeds things up. More mpix in the camera isn't a big deal either as the sensor is not likely to be any bigger and for a phone, the quality of pics I get from mine is truely amazing.

What is the integration with htcsense.com all about? I don't even know what that means.

I'm not disputing yours is better but I wouldn't want a bigger screen on mine, it'll just mean shorter battery life which is already short enough. More RAM would be nice as I assume it speeds things up. More mpix in the camera isn't a big deal either as the sensor is not likely to be any bigger and for a phone, the quality of pics I get from mine is truely amazing.

What is the integration with htcsense.com all about? I don't even know what that means.

Rob, I was joking saying mine is better :) maybe instead of :cool: i should have use ;)
:)

with android 2.2 Desire can make through one day easily, so I heard...I will see how HD will do...

pictures or it didnt happen, ill be looking at this when my upgrade comes but still not seen one in the flesh...

gimme few mins :cool:

it looks and is much better ten Hero :D thats why I went for it :)

oh man, ive had mine on preorder since early september! i want mine now! :) lol....

they offically dont launch until friday.... you lucked out!

with android 2.2 Desire can make through one day easily, so I heard...I will see how HD will do...

Speaking of which..

.. 3 released 2.2 (Froyo) for Desires on their network last week (for those of us who haven't rooted their phones).. I just happened to do a manual update check in the menu last night and it picked this up. So if your on 3 and have a Desire it's worth making sure you manually pick up the software upgrade in case your phone hasn't done a scheduled check (and the ported full version of Angry Birds has also appeared on the Market in the last week or so if you haven't spotted it yet).

oh man, ive had mine on preorder since early september! i want mine now! :) lol....

they offically dont launch until friday.... you lucked out!

Ive read on android forums that p4u and cpw have them bit earlier but still hard to get...

Im one happy bunny now :love:

do you have android 2.2 Rob ?

htcsense.com is like a backup for your android device...stores contacts, pictures, calendar etc...maps for google maps etc...if you loose your phone you can locate it via web site :) or lock it if got stolen .

havent registered yet but will tonite and then will provide more info

Give it a thorough going over as I would be very interested so see how this works in the real world as opposed to reading random online reviews. Ive been debating for a while now between upgrading to the desire HD or the new released Nokia N8, decisions decisions...:bonk::bonk:

Last edited:
Give it a thorough going over as I would be very interested so see how this works in the rreal world as opposed to reading random online reviews. Ive been debating for a while now between upgrading to the desire HD or the new released Nokia N8, decisions decisions...

I need to give it few days to see hows the battery life on it in normal day use ( non stop synchronizing with gmail and exchange) some phone calls, internet on way to work and back and sometimes at work...playing games etc...so not going easy on it from the beggining...
as the building where I work blocks most of the GSM signal phone uses loads of power to get a signal and that eats most of the battery on each mobile I had...

desire Z has qwerty sliding keyboard.....as HD has new snapdragon 1GHz ( desire has older 1GHz snapdragon) Z hsa only 800MHz...and maybe more RAM then old Desire...

Hi Lukas,

I'm waiting for Orange to find one for me on their "please don't leave us, valued customer" programme. Frankly the deal is soo good :clap::clap::clap:that I'm happy to subdue any impulse urges to go looking for one elsewhere. :naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:When it comes, it comes. But it'd better come before December!:thinking::thinking::thinking:

And now I've had it for over a week I'd say it's a very worthy successor to the Palm Treo. I haven't found a planner/diary app which will colour code different types of events yet but I like Jorte app to be going on with. The camera is no slouch.

Last edited:
Hi Lukas,

I'm waiting for Orange to find one for me on their "please don't leave us, valued customer" programme. Frankly the deal is soo good :clap::clap::clap:that I'm happy to subdue any impulse urges to go looking for one elsewhere. :naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:When it comes, it comes. But it'd better come before December!:thinking::thinking::thinking:

call them..if they still dont have it, do what i hav done...go to carphonewarehouse(or p4u) and ask them if they have one in stock.
you can upgrade via them with no extra charge etc. they call your operator and get a deal straight from them :) so find te mobile and tell them to give you the deal they have promised ;D

Its a lovely looking phone. I'm still happy with my original Desire though.
TBH I'm just glad I jumped ship from Nokia Symbian rubbish to HTC, what a difference.

1 day?

you have to charge the phone every day? are you kidding, is the battery the size of a pea?

1 day?

you have to charge the phone every day? are you kidding, is the battery the size of a pea?

Have to agree Joe, if my phone needed charging every day it would soon find itself in the bin.

I have the Desire, and i think the size of that is alright, but this is bigger, i dont think i'd like it! I also like the proper buttons at the base on my desire so wouldnt want to swap to touch.

i must admit though, it looks good!
mines perfectly good for what i need, the camera fine for snaps etc, and i find the speed is fine

1 day?

if you set up phone with few email accounts,and ask them to get emails as they arrive,browse internet, phone calls,etc it eats battery like crazy....switch emails off and it getd much better.

And I don't have a problem with plugging my phone to charger every night.

I find it crazy that technology is supposed to be improving and yet battery life on these devices is going the opposite way - and people are OK with it?

5 years ago my old nokia that was tiny could keep a charge with lots of use for a week. Obviously these phones do more but 1 day battery life isn't acceptable for a standard amount of use. My iphone lasts a good 3 days before needing to be charged. Even thats not great - but 1 day!! 1 day!!!! we shouldn't have to accept that surely?

I find it crazy that technology is supposed to be improving and yet battery life on these devices is going the opposite way - and people are OK with it?

5 years ago my old nokia that was tiny could keep a charge with lots of use for a week. Obviously these phones do more but 1 day battery life isn't acceptable for a standard amount of use. My iphone lasts a good 3 days before needing to be charged. Even thats not great - but 1 day!! 1 day!!!! we shouldn't have to accept that surely?

I know that with new 2.2 android desire's life increased on one charge...

my old nokia e71 could last one day with synch emails etc..without email, it easily lasted for 5 days or so...

everything depends how you use your mobile...I bet you there are some Desire users which phones last for a couple of days...everything depends for the way you use your mobile....

I know that with new 2.2 android desire's life increased on one charge...

my old nokia e71 could last one day with synch emails etc..without email, it easily lasted for 5 days or so...

everything depends how you use your mobile...I bet you there are some Desire users which phones last for a couple of days...everything depends for the way you use your mobile....

still flabergasted, you say this like thats impressive. It's 2 days!!!!! 16 hours of which you're asleep and not even using it :LOL:

not your fault by the way, it's just fascinating how consumers accept this.

still flabergasted, you say this like thats impressive. It's 2 days!!!!! 16 hours of which you're asleep and not even using it :LOL:

Ive had 2 different 8 gig iphones and a iphone 3gs and they both lasted less than a day on battery. :shake:

I ditched the iphone for HTC and cant wait for my Desire HD to arrive. Im happy with one day, unless i go camping, then i pull out the power monkey or turn off emails/wifi/bluetooth/mapping etc

Enjoy new toy you happy bunny:)
But 4.3" isn't a pocket size phone any more. You should go for iPhone 4 :)

i never said it is impressive ;p

many people got used to charge their phones overnight. Im one of them :thinking:

Am using smartphones since 2005 and cannot recall if one of them survived more that one day of extensive use....

Ive had 2 different 8 gig iphones and a iphone 3gs and they both lasted less than a day on battery. :shake:

and I was worried that all iPhone have super extra amazing batteries :razz:

I ditched the iphone for HTC and cant wait for my Desire HD to arrive. Im happy with one day, unless i go camping, then i pull out the power monkey or turn off emails/wifi/bluetooth/mapping etc

thats what I do.
it is amazing how much extra time you get by switching emails off ....
as said earlier, silly nokia or Hero were fine for few days while traveling abroad with no email/internet access

Enjoy new toy you happy bunny:)
But 4.3" isn't a pocket size phone any more. You should go for iPhone 4 :)

it is :naughty:
I have bigger pockets then you :cautious: haha
you know that I was not impressed with ip4 :)

Back