Developing B/W Film

Name
Allan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi
Does anyone use Jobo CPE2 to develop 35mm-120-5x4 B/W Film.
Thanks.

Thanks Ed
Good Bad or indifferent results.
Just asking I have a Mamiya 67 and a 5x4 field camera and a CPE2 processor but no drum to process the 5x4 film so was wondering if it was a good idea or not to buy a drum and spiral they seem to go for a lot of cash these days.
Thank you

If I was processing again I would always try to use a CPE or CPP type processor.

It gives very good results, uses 50% less chemicals per film drum and only a small amount of chemical in a print drum (5x4), constant agitation usually results in 10% less time and constant temperature means results are very consistent.

I would buy a small print drum for your 5x4 negs (I would jump at this) and you should be able to process them in a small amount of chemicals.

Another alternative for deving your sheet film is a Paterson Orbital. They aren't made anymore, but there are a surprising number available. It uses hardly any chemistry and works great

I use a CPP-2 and Jobo expert drum for my 5x4 b/w and C-41.
Anything you want to know, or just curious?

After a few early disasters I now get 100% consistency between sessions, the Jobo makes it nearly foolproof.

I used to have one, like the others said it gives cracking results and very consistent but mine had to go as I didn't have the space and it's a pain if you can't leave it set up.

I've got the Paterson eqiuvalent but I've not used it yet, hopefully that will change over Christmas. It looks like the big advantage is consistency.

Back