Developing delta 400

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
No
I’ve got 2 rolls of delta 400 120 film to develop but no developer! I’ve read that ddx gives the best overall image but I’m a bit put off by the price. I’ve used ilfosol 3 to develop pan f, fp4 and hp5 and I’ve liked the results. However on forums some people have said to avoid it for delta films, I’m not really sure of the difference myself

Tim Rudman used Delta 400 + DD-X for his recent Iceland book, so I've no doubt it's a great combination.

I've processed D400 with Ilfosol 3 and HC110 and it looked good to me. Both were 120 films.

How about Xtol? That is meant to work well with TMax, so I imagine it would be great for Ilford delta films.

Think I might just try ilfosol, or do a test on another roll of 400 I have. The 2 rolls are from a holiday so I want to make sure it would look ok before developing them

I've always used Tmax dev with Delta (100 rather than400) . Used to love the result with it.

I'd probably use a one shot on Delta 100....maybe, but for 400 its Xtol or nothing for me :)
Appreciate its not ideal to mix a 5L powder pack for 2 rolls though...:ROFLMAO:

This is the eternal dilemma, for the odd roll or two every now and then its gonna be a one shot, unless you plan/prepare well enough to be able to use powder mixes as one shots.

Actually, I used Ilfosol S on my Delta for quite a while in my early days, and liked it, but they discontinued that, I never really took to its replacement Ilfosol 3.

Rodinals pretty good with Delta, though I think my best results came out of using D76... but thats my sum experience with developers

Back