Developing query, again

Edit My Images
Yes
i dev a couple of films by D76 and i found approximately 6 out of 36 photos every roll has some weird mark. just wonder what they are and how i can avoid them next time.

any suggestion and advise would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

img160.jpg

img127.jpg

img134.jpg

That last one looks like its sort of been peeled and replaced... perhaps the camera is damaging the film?

Could it have been some sort of foreign body floating around the camera? Is this the first roll you've put through the camera?

It might have been the film sticking together when developing, that happens to me a bit when I mess up loading into the reels. Emulsion peels and all. Or something floating about, yes, that might make more sense since it's not in the same place. But if it was in the camera then it wouldn't be defined at all, it would be out of focus unless it was actually touching the film.

It looks like you have managed to scratch or peel off the wet emulsion, it's very easy to do, i've done it too many times to count

thanks all responses. but i still can't figure it out what happened to the film.

Have you looked in the camera? Is there crap/debris in the actual body of the camera? Are the seals in good condition or are they deteriorating? Was your developing tank clean before you started? Many things could cause marks like that but it's impossible to be sure just based on the scans, you need to narrow down the possible causes.

This is two rolls, both with marks on 6 frames of each roll.

Its possible the film stuck together, its possible there was a foreign body in the tank, its possible the film is defective, but 2 rolls with damage to 6 frames each, seems a bit.....unfortunate..

I think it is more likely to be camera related or maybe you poked about a bit too much trying to get the leaders out or something..:)

i was using Nikon L35AF, and checked on the back of it, can't see anything that is suspicious, at least i don't have enough knowledge to notice.

dev tank, i cleaned thoroughly before and after i used. when i pulled the film out from the reel after it was dev, didn't seem it stuck. would it be the film was stuck together while still in the tank or when i loaded to the reel?

anyway,thanks all for the ideas but i think the only way to find it out is....try doing more and hopefully experience will tell:)

Back