Developing your own ...

Edit My Images
Yes
I am having trouble ..

Procrastination , I think is the right word !

I keep putting it off.
I've done a couple of B&W in ID11 before. I have a big kit , ready to do some more.
I also have the Tentenal C41 kit, ready to do some colour too.

I guess I am thinking about economy as well as quality.

Any hints and tips as to starting to soup your own ?

Storage etc.

I have about 5 rolls of Colour to Dev and 2 or 3 B&W at the mo.
Which chemicals store well ? which dont ?

I have various different sized bottles save up (recycled) so as to keep minimal air in etc.

I have CO2 or Butane I could use to, to isolate the liquids from any air.

I have a drawer in a filing cabinet to keep them out of the light ...

What do you all do ?
Anything I am missing out ?

I am sure , once I get into it, and have done a few, I will realize I am over analyzing everything ! ... but isn't that the definition of Procastination ? :LOL:

Help Me :bonk:

Well - you've got 5 rolls or colour already - that's about a third of what a 1L Tetenal kit will process anyway (assuming they're 100iso films - I tend to count a 400iso film as 1+1/3 films as they deplete the solution a bit faster) - so you'll only need to do a roll of film a week to use the Tetenal up before it's stuffed. If you're going to be obsessive about storage, pay most attention to the Colour Dev, as it theoretically goes off quicker than the rest.

Personally, I don't know how you've managed to store up films - I can hardly wait to get home after shooting film to get the rolls of film souped up and have a look at 'em.

Best advice I can give you is what I was told when I was agonising over starting processing my own films... "Stop Nance-ing about and get the Chemicals Out!"

Yeah just get them sorted, I usually reel them up watching the telly. The biggest procrastination I'm guilty of at ther moment is not finishing my darkroom off.

Back