weekly Diabolic's 52 for 2015 - Bold added

Edit My Images
Yes
Sorry If this is a bit late, but only just read about this 52 week challenge and I really could do with a year of challenges to get me out with my camera a bit more

I hope I've posted it in the right section, feel free to berate my ignorance If I haven't

Week 1 = Bliss
Week 2 = Fragile
Week 3 = Scenic
Week 4 = Companions
Week 5 = Elegant
Week 6 = Watery
Week 7 = Bold

It was my first day back at work yesterday and found out that I unexpectedly had today off, that alone is my idea of bliss. However going for a walk around Salisbury with my wife and Edward our Miniature Schnauzer and stopping off at the Cathedral cafe for coffee and cake while sitting in the sun when I should be at work is my idea of BLISS

Here's a picture of Eddie sat at the table with me, waiting for my wife to bring back the tray of goodies :cool:

15593102854_346dcf39f4_b.jpg

Last edited:
Hi I thought I'd commented on this will obviously not. The focus on Eddke's face is wonderful and the depth of field to show the church also works very well. My eye is drawn a little to the red bit in the background.

Welcome aboard.

Cheers.Cheers

Hi there & a belated welcome to the 52's challenge :wave:

Quite liking your Bliss shot ( & fully agree with the sentiment !), great focus on a really cute little fella & I love the DOF :)
Looks like it's a smidge on the squiff , just a mm ccw I reckon......

Sorry for the ignorance but how do I change the title of my OP when I add a "fragile" related picture?

Cheers

Hi, nice shot of Eddie the dog there and I like you can see all the way down the cloisters

to change the title click on thread tools at the top of the page

Thank you very much for your reply Allan, I hadn't even noticed that button, :rolleyes:

cheers

Hi, great shot, I like the shallow DoF and the light caught in the visible eye, shame the other is in shadow, great start though and I look forward to seeing more from you.

Week 2 = Fragile

Here's my pictorial interpretation on the theme "Fragile"

We often walk along the beach and I'm always amazed by the structure, colours and variations of shells along the coast. Sometimes there are so many you can't help but trample them and witness to the sounds of these fragile abandoned homes cracking under foot.

16140710215_845bd45424_b.jpg

I really like this shot, the lighting, the subject and the shallow DoF all work for me, no crit from me on this one.

It's a lovely shot as others have said. I think the choice to get down so very low and include a background that's interesting has really made the shot. It shows thought behind the image. Focal point and choice of aperture all fit the image perfectly.

Dont feed Eddie too much he might turn into a Giant Schnauzer, So it looks like Eddie it the one in Bliss when the goodies arrive.... Pretty place Salisbury isnt it...

Bliss....Like the composition, he's good at posing for the camera, like the OOF cloisters in the background, I might have gone a tad wider and picked up the top RH corner and rest of the seat, or cropped in closer but still like the photo just some thoughts running through my head, and just clone out the person in the red jacket or change the colour from red to grey or black... Nice dof and focus! Nice Shot.

Fragile..... Really love that acute dof on that shell, this really works for me, great colours, great angle and perspective. Pin sharp focus! (Mind that sand doesnt get in your camera!) Really gived that Fragile message, really good work!

Where was that shot Lepe?

All the best
Steve

Hello all, Here's my scenic shot, took this at the weekend walking along the beach near to Branksome chime, thought the discarded netting might add to the pic.

15696751234_d9e50bffa6_b.jpg

Dont feed Eddie too much he might turn into a Giant Schnauzer, So it looks like Eddie it the one in Bliss when the goodies arrive.... Pretty place Salisbury isnt it...

Bliss....Like the composition, he's good at posing for the camera, like the OOF cloisters in the background, I might have gone a tad wider and picked up the top RH corner and rest of the seat, or cropped in closer but still like the photo just some thoughts running through my head, and just clone out the person in the red jacket or change the colour from red to grey or black... Nice dof and focus! Nice Shot.

Fragile..... Really love that acute dof on that shell, this really works for me, great colours, great angle and perspective. Pin sharp focus! (Mind that sand doesnt get in your camera!) Really gived that Fragile message, really good work!

Where was the shot Lepe?

All the best
Steve

Thanks all for your comments so far, much appreciated :cool:

The shell shot was taken with my Canon S100, I sometimes cant be bothered to lug my SLR around on a dog walk. It's a great little camera that fits easily in your pocket and is quite capable of decent images

Steve, this was taken somewhere between Branksome chime and shore road. But I do have a fair view pics from Lepe, mostly with my motorbike in them as it's a nice ride out up there :cool:

Hi - scenic - lovely composition and I like all the blue tones - the netting was a great find

Here's my try at elegant. I think a stately home can be classed as "elegant" it certainly looks elegant to me

8689700754_da23b11707_h.jpg

Elegant indeed (y)
My only slight quibble is the tower on the right, it kinda makes it look a little un balanced.
But then a tighter crop would have left part trees and part lower buildings.
Tough call TBH.

I like the fact that you've taken it from a distance to reduce converging lines.

The grad filter has worked a treat on the sky but the downside are the darker parts on the top of the building.

Cheers.

Good one Diabolic - have to agree that a slightly tighter crop to remove right hand side distraction would help. But good capture and fits theme perfectly

Fits the theme well. great detail in the sky. The darkness of the top of the building just adds a bit of eeriness that fits in with the cloud formation.

Firstly appologies for having missed your thread up to now.
a wonderful set of images so far high lights being your bliss pick dont know how i missed that I love a doggy pic (y)
Companions is a really great capture and this weeks elegant :clap:. But who let you in to my garden? (I wish).
Again sorry for my late show at your thread but (y)

The stately home (where is this?) is just lovely.
I do agree that the top of the building does look a little darker than the lower floors, but it doesn't detract IMO.
I wouldn't want to vaccum that place!

Elegant - It certainly is (y) Nicely framed. A tighter crop may improve things but you can't odds the wall / building being on the RHS. The only thing I would say is it looks a tad over processed for me. I't appears on my monitor to have a bit of a glow about it but that could just be my screen.

Companions - I like the candidness of the shot. Exposure, focus, composition all spot on but for me it what a portrait should be. You’ve captured a moment or a story. The girl has a nice smile and is looking down the lens. The lad, her young admirer, fully engrossed in the view. OK they are probably brother and sister who never get on but what the heck. It’s a top notch image.

Elegant - That’s a cracking architectural shot. Super lighting and whilst some might say crop top or bottom to put it more on the third, I feel it works really well as it has been presented. I’d have been tempted to adjust the perspective to straighten the edges but that is personal choice.

Here's my entry for Watery. It was taken a few weeks back, early morning at Durdle Door

15511861543_fc351ac895_h.jpg

Back