Beginner Did I mess up my first 120 film?

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
Yes
So i've just picked up my Rolleiflex T3.5:banana:

Everything appears to be working like clockwork... However I'm a bit concerned I messed up when i loaded my film:
The fim counter, rather than being centered on a number, shows the whitespace between two numbers.:oops: :$

Should I be worried?

The film counting indication is normally not counting the film
but the numbers of turns of the pilot roll since the door was
closed. Depending on the position the lever at that moment,
the indicator may show a half step.

The only thing to worry about is no resistance on the level
when advancing the film.

So i've just picked up my Rolleiflex T3.5:banana:

Everything appears to be working like clockwork... However I'm a bit concerned I messed up when i loaded my film:
The fim counter, rather than being centered on a number, shows the whitespace between two numbers.:oops: :$

Should I be worried?
Probably but everyday's a school day

I suppose the question is.....which 2 numbers is the pointer inbetween

Resistance is there, and it locks ok - won't let me do another advance until I release the shutter.

initially, after I loaded and did initial wind up, it was half step to 1, now after first shot it's half way between 1 and 2

I wouldn't worry overly, the only risk is the first frame may only have the top half exposed. More likely the image will be slightly too close to the edge of the roll and make scanning slightly trickier the last frame will have a load of excess unexposed film after it to compensate.

I'm wondering if you lined up the arrow on the film paper with the mark in the camera before you closed it? Other than that, the film may be out of line and you'll get 1 photo short at either end, but I'd expect the shots in the middle of the roll to be OK.

^^This^^

If you didn't line the start line of the film properly when loading it then you will have part frames on the first and last exposures

I did line up arrows with the markers.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what comes out of it

Back