Did you have one of these?!

Name
Robyn
Edit My Images
No
Went to the Museum of Childhood in London yesterday. Great fun and we spent the whole day saying "OH! I remember those!"

Who had one of these then?!

PullalongdogS6000214.jpg

(Apologies for the awful shot - taken in extrelely low light in my digi compact!)

:LOL: I remember those, and I know that either myself or one of my siblings had one (though not from 1965- I'm not that old!). C'mon then, what other things did you snap?

yup, i had one of those and also a similar toy in the form of a penguin with flappy rubber bits on the wheels which made a slapping noise on the floor .....suppose it was to make it sound like it was walking :wacky:

and i'm younger than Min.....so deffo not 65 :D

We had one in our house, but 1965 ?, were all to young for that.

Not much really! Because I was on a day out with friends I deliberatley didn't take the big camera so only had the compact and that doesn't cope well in the low light.

These were probably my absolute favourite toys when I was little...
BuildingblocksS6000216.jpg

The was the outfit my first Sindy doll was dressed in - according to the book the pic was in it was also one of the all-time best sellings ones so I bet I wasn't the only one there either!
SindyS6000221.jpg

Notable by their absence were "Simon Says" "Pong" and there was also no sign of an Etch-a-Sketch! (And no, I'm not old enough for 1965 either!)

We had one in our house, but 1965 ?, were all to young for that.

I think that just indicates when they started being made though - I was born in 1972 so would have had one of those in the mid 70's I'm guessing.

I was hatched in 72 too

the purple people eater, slime, Evel Knievel were all great toys at the time :D

I had these but mine were painted different colours
BuildingblocksS6000216.jpg

Provided hous of fun making buildings to park my cars in.:)

Lego and Mechano were my favourites.

Yes, we saw lots of both of those yesterday. I loved my lego! Also my train set - which is still carefully stored at Mum and Dad's. :)

Toddlers, both of you!
:LOL:
:LOL: :D

The was the outfit my first Sindy doll was dressed in - according to the book the pic was in it was also one of the all-time best sellings ones so I bet I wasn't the only one there either!
SindyS6000221.jpg

Notable by their absence were "Simon Says" "Pong" and there was also no sign of an Etch-a-Sketch! (And no, I'm not old enough for 1965 either!)

OO me too - I had that one LOL - as I remember she was VERY bendy:LOL: put some of these Russian gymnasts to shame:D

As for the Etch-a-Sketch .... did anyone actually managed to draw a picture that resembled anything other than a load of random lines?????:LOL:

I had one of those ballerina Sindy dolls too :D

and an orange space hopper with strange carrot type handles :LOL:

(late 7o's)

Ah Lego was great I agree but who had 'Betta Builder' - it had slates :geek: (y)

especially after a few drinks :woot: (y) :LOL:

I'm moving house in a couple of weeks, I guess they will be out at the housewarming! and yes, probably a few drinks! the poor neighbours :LOL:

Thankyou!!! there may be pictures to follow :D x x x

Thankyou!!! there may be pictures to follow :D x x x

I think I can safely say I'm speaking for the rest of the forum when I say that we want, no, NEED, pics of JoeT on a spacehopper! (y) :D

I think I can safely say I'm speaking for the rest of the forum when I say that we want, no, NEED, pics of JoeT on a spacehopper! (y) :D

I'm not hopeful, but I will do my very best :D :D :D

Back