Did you know there is a LEE Filters Exposure App?

It's a nice looking app, the trouble is it only does, 6,10 and 15 stops. Shame you can't manually change the stops. Maybe when the next update comes out.

Ive had a look, but i much prefer NDTimer as my big stopper is 10.5 stops and you can increase the stops buy 0.5 increments so it tells me the perfect exposure straight away

My favourite is called "Exposure Calculator" on Android. The best thing about it is you select ISO, aperture, and shutter - you can then adjust ISO, aperture, and ND filters and it will calculate the required shutter. Great if you have a target shutter speed in mind.

The light can vary greatly in a long exposure so what may have been a 2 minute exposure when metered can easily be a 3 or 4 minute exposure when the light drops or a cloud partially covers the sub. I like the simplicity of the Lee App but I'll give some of the others mentioned a try. It's pretty easy doing the lighter ND filters in your head so I imagine that is why Lee kept it simple.

I have to ask, how did you arrive at 10.5 stops?

Cheers.

I was getting underexposed shots at 10 stops, so i downloaded a chart someone made for the big stopper (made to find the correct stop value for your big stopper) and tested it with consistent light inside and i found its as near as i can get using the calculation for 10.5 stops

I was getting underexposed shots at 10 stops, so i downloaded a chart someone made for the big stopper (made to find the correct stop value for your big stopper) and tested it with consistent light inside and i found its as near as i can get using the calculation for 10.5 stops

Ah, nice one. I'll have a look.

Cheers.

Back