Digger

I think that is a brilliant composition. Incongruous, but brilliant. (y)

Incongruous - lol. I think that's what appealed to me. I just snapped it in the passing but quite liked it when I got it back and looked on the computer.

I genuinely think it's an absolute corker. Just not sure who would want to pay real money for it.... Green Party maybe?? :D

There's other types of money?

I'll give you £10,000 Monopoly money for a 5DmkIII ;)

But that's exactly what a Canon is worth :razz:

Sorry Michael... hijack ended.

Lol - no worries guys I just posted it for a bit fun anyway.

I usually shoot landscapes so this was just something different in the passing.

I love it. There's actually a strong market for plant and machinery images, this could have an appeal for nature conservation if they were grip blocking or similar (something I used to do)

Like it, the only improvement i can come up with is paint the digger yellow, leave it where it is then come back in thirty years when it's rotted and rusty, love the rusty yellow digger shots.

This one's still a winner though.

Great image. I love the juxtaposition of the digger and the stunning landscape. I'd think about trying to sell it to the digger manufacturer as a great marketing shot!

Cracking sky, great composition and juxtaposition.

A belting image all in really.

Seriously. Well done.

Cheers guys - maybe I should try my luck and contact Kubota to see if they would buy it lol.

Thank you all for your kind comments.

At the risk of taking the thread off topic (and this is probably been asked numerous times before) but how much should i be charging?

I took some of the advice above and posted a watermarked copy of the image to the manufacturer and the plant hire company who own the digger.

Amazingly, both have replied saying they would be interested in the image delending on price?

Being a beginner I dont really have any idea as to market rates for images of this type. I'm guessing most people would say to charge what i think its worth but thats my problem. I took this in the the passing and didn't have any specific outlay as such.

Again, apologies if this isnt the forum for such a question but I really have no idea with this side of things. The only time I sold images is through those selected by getty. Maybe someone could provide a link where I could get some decent info.

Thanks in advance

Great shot! love the landscape and IMO the digger looks good in it, its just a part of me wishes it wasnt in the shot so i could see more of the landscape! good work though!

Back