Digital Depot ~ seem to do nice UK prices but....

Edit My Images
No
Hi all

Their prices all seem to be standard for UK but they do offer, as seems to be evidenced by a few posters hereabouts, some bargains on various products.....................but are they official Canon UK distributers or Grey importers???

The reason I ask is that I was given a link to a discount voucher code for £300 off the new 100-400 MKII but fail to understand how such a single site bricks & mortar shop can discount a "new to market lens" so deeply if this is Canon UK stock in original pacakaging???

Yes, I have checked their website and could not find any declaration one way of the other to the sources of their stock and will drop them an email asking in effect the same question but thought I would here at TP for any DD user insights?

TIA :)

Last edited:
I visited Digital Depot quite a few years ago, Stuart checked the price of the then new Tamron 17-50 VC 2.8 with Tamron UK and he priced matched the best price I could find online so I bought one from them.
It came with a UK warranty card so that was clear to me that it was genuine UK stock and not a grey import.
We also had a few conversations about Canon bodies and if I remember correctly he checked some prices for me via Canon UK.
I also remember buying a couple of lowepro bags and other bits and pieces from them.
The kettle was always on, the guys were very friendly, always knew their stuff and DD are one company I would be happy to purchase from again.
I can't see why Stuart would change his supply chain, even if he has it would not deter me from buying from them again and if I was in the market for a Canon 100-400 IS MKII and could save £300, I would bite there fingers off for it.

Bought my Canon 6D from Digital Depot back in Sept 2013, cheapest in stock supplier at the time, and then claimed on the UK Canon cash back offer at the time with no issues.

Spoke to them on the phone a few times and found them quick & helpful (my credit card company decided to flag the purchase as I'd not spent anything on the card for a while never mind £1500)

Sigma kit is definitely UK stock, I paid in the shop & picked up from Sigma :)

Many thanks for the user insight :)

I have been in comms with them and they even (like WEX) will do a postal part exchange! So looking good :D

Digital Depot are definitely uk stock, but do be aware that there are (or at least were ) a bunch of shysters passing off using a very similar Url who were basically just a con - so if you see any very cheap prices from DD do make sure that its the the legit DD site you are looking at, not a clone

Digital Depot are definitely uk stock, but do be aware that there are (or at least were ) a bunch of shysters passing off using a very similar Url who were basically just a con - so if you see any very cheap prices from DD do make sure that its the the legit DD site you are looking at, not a clone

oh!!!!????

These http://www.digitaldepot.co.uk/camer...lenses.html?lens_type=238&manufacturer=84&p=3 are the guys I have been in touch with and indeed have spoken to on the phone......................and ordered from....I do hope :) and not:(>>>>> :mad:

Looks like the right one to me. I've also used them many times over the years, and have always been very pleased with the service /products I've received from them.

Looks like the right one to me. I've also used them many times over the years, and have always been very pleased with the service /products I've received from them.
Phew :)

The delivery is due tomorrow and the postal (collection) of the part exchange is maybe same day but it seems the collection is not necessarily the same driver as the delivery so that is a bit more vague. Still have no idea how they could offer such a nice voucher discount as no one else in the UK as far as I know has done anything similar?

Phew :)

The delivery is due tomorrow and the postal (collection) of the part exchange is maybe same day but it seems the collection is not necessarily the same driver as the delivery so that is a bit more vague. Still have no idea how they could offer such a nice voucher discount as no one else in the UK as far as I know has done anything similar?
Just enjoy and stop worrying why!

Hi "Box Brownie"

Did you get the lens OK, UK stock?

Also how did you get the voucher? The site shows the 100-400 mkii at £1999.00

Am thinking about buying grey as it's nearly 500 quid cheaper but would prefer UK stock if around £1700.

Cheers
Ad

Hi Ad and welcome to TP

Yes, arrived aok and the warranty slip was the EWS I.e. the European warranty which I surmise is common to the UK plus in comms i was reassured that the stock was sourced from a Canon approved top level distributor.

As for the voucher code well at the time my brother told me of it but I also googled and saw on one on the voucher listing sites so maybe still valid/exists.

Plus I part exchanged my old 100-400 and got more than any other such pt ex offer for it.

Best of luck with your decision

Oh, I do like your avatar where did you take it?

Last edited:
Thanks for the further info. I tried quickly searching for a voucher prior to posting but nothing seemed to come up so will look again.

Avatar puffin pic was taken on the Isle of May (Firth of Forth) on a trip from the Scottish Seabird Centre in North Berwick.

cheers
Ad

Thanks for the further info. I tried quickly searching for a voucher prior to posting but nothing seemed to come up so will look again.

Avatar puffin pic was taken on the Isle of May (Firth of Forth) on a trip from the Scottish Seabird Centre in North Berwick.

cheers
Ad

Ref Puffins location ~ I will to look that one up as in Grantown next week and depending on distance and timing looks like an interesting place.....as they have puffins ;) we saw them the first time on the Farnes, simply superb birds.

Last edited:
Ref Puffins location ~ I will to look that one up as in Grantown next week and depending on distance and timing looks like an interesting place.....as they have puffins ;) we saw them the first time on the Farnes, simply superb birds.

We did a RIB trip from North Berwick which was great fun in of itself, they get quite booked up (max 12). You can also get to the Isle of May from the other side, Fife, from Anstruther on a bigger/slower boat. If going from North Berwick you usually skirt Bass Rock and get to see all the gannets too.

Back