Digital Rev?

Name
Robyn
Edit My Images
No
Has anyone bought anything from Digital Rev on eBay? I've found that they have the Sigma 12-24mm for £289 & £37 postage making them by far the cheapest people I've found, however it states on their ad that if there's import duty to pay on the lens it's the buyers responsibility to cover that.....has anyone had any experience of a) whether it's likely to be charged in the first place and b) how muchy it will come to if so? Am I also right in thinking that OneStop will cover import duties if you get hit with them?

Thanks!

One Stop cover them, yes.

I do wonder though if this just means they cover the fees....but if you get stopped you could get FINED. They dont state they will cover a fine!

:shrug: I bought my 400D from them Robyn. Excellent service and communication. They did one of those "we pay the import duty" deals on the 400D and they were true to their word. I can't remember the numbers now but I do remember working out that, if I'd had to pay the import duty the price would have been no cheaper than getting it from a competitive uk based on line retailer. I guess what I'm saying is that they're excellent to deal with, very fast delivery but not as competitive as it initially looks unless they are paying the duty for you. Hope this helps

I've used them with no issues. Have you tried Kerso (Ian) with a PM or email to see what his price would be???

Carl.

Does he do Sigma? I thought he only did Canon. Id like to see if he can do the Sigma 10-20.

Yeah he does pretty much anything nowadays

digital rev have some sales which they will refund any import fees you have.

and one stop digital do the same.

give Ian a call he does canon, nikon, sigma etc.

as for duty its approx total paid (inc shipping) + 5% tax (approx) + 17.5% vat + broker fee £15 (varies).

£301 is what I can get it for locally , picking it up. So if he can beat that...he's on!!

Digital Rev refund the duty on certain items only, check the sale on the auction item or the shop. If you do get hit for import duty, which will probably be the case to be honest, then the courier will demand payment on delivery.

I bought a sigma 150mm macro from them, saved me £120 and they payed the import fees after I scanned in the receipt and emailed it to them, they refunded me that money via paypal.

I'm sorely tempted to go with DigitalRev for a 30D body, they will do it for £620 delivered, tax paid and with a years guarantee.

I've used D-Rev for some lens purchases and would highly recommend them

Cheers all. I had previously got a quote from Ian for the lens but at that stage he was higher priced than OneStop. I'll get back to him now and see what he can do I think.

urgalaxy look like a tempting idea I must admit - they'd slipped past me when I was scanning through the possibilities on ebay.

(y)

£301 is what I can get it for locally , picking it up. So if he can beat that...he's on!!

Janice - Jacobsdigital have the Sigma 10-20mm (Canon) In Stock for £289 - If you Price Beat with Warehouse Express they will knock 125% of the difference off their £301.99p I reckon you can get it for £285.75p (?) - Not sure about p&p though ... HTH - Paul aka Bobby D ;)

Janice - Jacobsdigital have the Sigma 10-20mm (Canon) In Stock for £289 - If you Price Beat with Warehouse Express they will knock 125% of the difference off their £301.99p I reckon you can get it for £285.75p (?) - Not sure about p&p though ... HTH - Paul aka Bobby D ;)

If i get a nice big order from my portrait session I will go for that...thanks! :woot:

I have thought about buying from Digital Rev before but was put off by the rumours I heard on the warranty not being compatible with that of a UK purchased item. They called it a Gray Warranty. Anyone had any experience when a product has developed a fault under one of these warrantees?

The warranty is from Digital Rev themselves, if the product breaks down they get it fixed/replaced.

I think the way it works is that you send it back to their UK office and they send it on to a canon repair dealer. Probably something like MacKcams guarantee.

Digital Rev refund the duty on certain items only, check the sale on the auction item or the shop. If you do get hit for import duty, which will probably be the case to be honest, then the courier will demand payment on delivery.

I hope so! Of those who have used Digital Rev. how many have had to pay VAT on receipt?

I am about to order a Sigma lens but they will only honour the warranty with VAT receipt, so it works out better to pay it then claim it back just to have that (this lens is one of the tax refunded sales). At the worst if I do not get charged the amount I save would cover servicing anyway unless I am really unlucky, but the warranty would be nice.

Michael.

I bought... something off them, not just sure what, but the auction stated that it was VAT/Import Duty free. Which they honoured, I got charged import duty to the tune of £60iirc and I simply emailed them a scan of the invoice and they refunded me straightaway. Id definately buy off them again if they were substantially cheaper than Kerso... otherwise Kerso will continue to get my money.

mij I think you'll find that DigitalRev guarantee their products themselves anyway.

Although they mention their own warranty on most items, the VAT refunded ones mention the manufacturers warranty instead. You can see what I mean here:

Sigma 70-200mm
Sigma 70-200mm No VAT

Looking again though both link to the same warranty page so maybe with the VAT refund you could either use the manufacturer or the seller, as you would if bought in the UK? But £20 more for the extra assurance seems reasonable.

Michael.

Back