Digital Splash Liverpool

Yep I'll be there ,not sure which day yet though ,going with my lad depends what he's working over the weekend

Yup. There's a couple of us going on Saturday. Hope it's better than last year. We thought it was more of a glorified shop than a proper exhibition.
Spent an hour there then we went on a photo walkabout. Finished up in the pub. Probably do the same this year.

Got to agree there ,the having to buy anything from wilkinsons approach didn't help ,though there were some bargains to be had in the bins beside the queues for the shop .the previous years show in Preston was far better run and handled imho .at least it's free entry with my vouchers I certainly wouldn't pay to go

Yup. Free entry, once you've given them your contact details - cue marketing e-mails.
Really it's a glorified shop. Everything you buy you have to take to a Wilkinson's till, and join the long line of others waiting to pay.
We use it more as a meet up excuse then go an have a day out.
All in all it's worth the entry fee - but only just.

i shall be there on the saturday, signed up a while ago so got the free entry for myself and a couple of friends so may as well make an afternoon of it. I want to have a look at the tamron 70-200 f2.8 G2 so if they have one then it won't be a wasted visit since it will have only cost me the train fare from wirral. Wouldn't mind a play with a d850 either but can see the queue for that being out of the door lol. Ah well, i shall have my camera with me so if it turns out to just being a photo jaunt doing some street photography or whatever then i'll have no complaints

I'm going for the first time on the Sunday, no idea what to expect really. I have also signed up for the Thomas Heaton seminar. Only a tenner, not too bad.

Yup. There's a couple of us going on Saturday. Hope it's better than last year. We thought it was more of a glorified shop than a proper exhibition.
Spent an hour there then we went on a photo walkabout. Finished up in the pub. Probably do the same this year.

This ^, I'll be meeting @mickledore there, as he said we'll probably only spend an hour there, then go walkabout, then pub, anyone else is welcome to join us.

Yep,it has remained firmly attached, bit like @Billy 's wallet, hopefully he will be going on the Saturday as well, to pay his debt :beer:(y)
@Billy buy a beer?
Dream on baby!
Why do you think he's going to Glasgow? He wants to pick up a few tips on being tight with his money (Not that he needs any help!!!)

found out it will be a Sunday trip for us , pity it coincides with one of the best tides of the year though .hope its nice on the Saturday and s***e weather Sunday :beer:

@Billy buy a beer?
Dream on baby!
Why do you think he's going to Glasgow? He wants to pick up a few tips on being tight with his money (Not that he needs any help!!!)

Sorry to disappoint guys but I'll be sunning myself on a nice beach that weekend.

Come to think about it, I'll be in Liverpool on Saturday but at John Lennon Airport :)

I'll think of you whilst I'm having a :beer:

It's not this Saturday, but next.
You could call in on your way home.
Meet you in The Phil about 4PM?

Went last year and TBH not a lot to hold your attention for more than an hour - NEC it aint.
Wilko's P/Ex stall was busy if you want to trade some old gear up, but best bit for me was walking around the Waterfront and Docks taking some pictures.

that looks done and dusted then half a dozen ne'er do wells from here ,don't look for me you don't know who I am ,but I'll be there watching cha

going to miss it this year :( going to Scotland with the better half for a week for our 30 years of marry bliss well that what she says ;)

going to miss it this year :( going to Scotland with the better half for a week for our 30 years of marry bliss well that what she says ;)
but look at the fantastic pictures you'll get here in Scotland (if ist not raining!!!)
I'm heading from Scotland to there for a day trip.

@Mick616

Are you still coming down from Glasgow?

You should know that trains are not running into Liverpool Lime Street. It is closed for refurbishment.

Trains are stopping at Liverpool Parkway station. This is approx 6 miles outside the city centre. There are rail replacement buses supplied. Or you can change over to Merseyrail - a local transport system - and get a train in Liverpool Central. This is approx 1 mile nearer the exhibition than Lime Street.

If you need further help just holler.

thanks @mickledore yes went today instead, my pal I went with couldnt make it tomorrow so we wnt today. it was alright, I sold a few surplus lenses and my old 40D body and grip. bought a new Manfrotto tripod 190 something and a new loweprow 450 bag. I was after a canon 70-200 F4L but non there si I am looking on HDEW or mbp for one.
drove down from Dumfries mate not Glasgi

Last edited:
Sorry, I just assumed you'd be on the train. Don't know where I got Glasgow from. It's still a heck of a drive from Dumfries for a small provincial market place!
We did little other than talk to the Fuji rep about their new processing software, the GFX50 and the 80mm macro lens. Probably 20 minutes in all. Then we left.
We certainly wouldn't travel up to Dumfries for it!!

Going later on should be there around dinner time ,hope it’s a bit better this year

It was our first visit to Digital Splash and we really enjoyed it. There were a good range of manufacturers willing to talk about and demonstrate their products. Enjoyed a couple of presentations, one on the Fuji stand (free) and a paid presentation about night photography by Alyn Wallace. Alyn's presentation and supporting images were excellent, I'm almost inspired to spend the night on top of a Welsh mountain!

Prices were competitive so we now have a 24-70 f/2.8 lens and a Manfrotto 190 tripod added to the equipment list.

It's not on the same scale as the NEC, but for a regional event, I thought it gave us a good day out - well worth the trip from Staffordshire. I hope it was a success for Wilkinson as I would like to go back next year.

Chris

We thought it was worse than last year.
One a positive note....the queues to pay for purchases was very short.
Decided not to go ,not feeling that good so passed my ticket to the lads gf instead

Quite enjoyed it, got to have a try of some lenses i have been considering and some cameras that have been getting a lot of good press and i wanted to play with (sony a9 was pretty damned good and the nikon d850 was drool worthy as a nikon shooter). Considered a monopod but the price was only 5 quid less than wex for the one i looked at. All told for a free ticket event right on my doorstep i had no complaints, although i did get a little miffed at the guy on the tamron stand trying to push the hard sell a bit too much when i complimented them on the big jump they and sigma have made in the last couple of years. He basically in a slightly childish manner said that tamron have made more progress and at that point i had to bite my tongue since the Sigma ART lenses are effing phenominal... I don't think i would have been so impressed had i paid an entry fee, but for a freebie it ticked all of the boxes i hoped for.

Back