DIGITAL SPLASH

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Any TPers attending the Digital Splash event in Liverpool over the weekend?. I have booked for the saturday as I am attending the seminar by Kate Hopewell-Smith.

There are three of us going from the X-T1 thread. Two of us are staying till lunch then going for a walkabout. That means taking photos on the way to the pub! The third is going with his missus so he'll have to be a good boy!
We're not really into people togging so won't be at the same talk you are on.
If you are anywhere near Central Station at 9:45 come and join us in Rubens Coffee Shop.

I'm going unless work gets in the way. No seminars booked but going for a mooch. Credit card has already been removed from my wallet

going saturday ,me the lad and a mate possibly two ,if you don't know me thats good as i won't know you either :banana::banana::banana:

Going on Saturday. Have booked on to the tamron photo walk. Hoping to get to try out some lenses.

Going on Saturday 1st time so just going for a look have also booked in for Sunday to take my son, if he wants to go

If I can palm the wife off with a hand full of the treasurys monopoly notes and send her into the wilds of Liverpool then I may not have to be quite so well behaved! Taking her car as it's more "economical".. or so I can have a pint :
Just checked my tickets, I seem to have a weekend pass for the show so can go both days? Had me wondering if I'd missed something and if Saturday was as such a yay or a nay!

It seems if you pre registered you got tickets for both days. I have a pathological aversion to buying tickets for trade shows so that I can then spend money.
If you're likely to be allowed out do you want to swap numbers?

But I know you. We met on a sea wall waiting for a high tide that never came!!!
Say hello then if you spot me as you will know in advance I,m not really missable :wave: we went last year to the one in Preston ,this should be larger and better . There were lots of bargains to be had last year hopefully this one will be as fruitful

I will be there on Sunday, and have tickets for the Tony Dudley (Phottix) photoshoot, and the Yerburys talk.

It probably is, I will have a think and put some dates up, see if there is any interest.

Where was that ship yard we went to on the last one? It would be interesting to see if that big yacht is finished yet!
I was in Snowdonia last w/e and couldn't find the place.

I just got back from the Digital Splash show. First time I've been been to the Exhibition Centre and it was smaller than I expected. After visiting the Photography Show in Birmingham, the event seemed very small. I didn't got to any of the talks, so can't say what they were like.

I was after a Sigma 10-20mm f3.5. I spoke to a chap on the Sigma stand and he said they had £50 off at the event for £299.99. I said most places were doing it for £329, so he was obviously talking about £50 off their RRP. I went to buy it at the Wilkinsons counter and asked for the lens in Nikon mount. When she came back she said it was £309. :thinking: I said the Sigma chap said it was £299. She looked on the computer and said the £299 price was for the Canon mount version. :( :mad: She said she would honour what the Sigma chap said though. :) I also got a Lenspen for £5, which are normally about £10. So there are a few bargains to be had. :D

Took some pics around the Albert Dock on the way back home with the lens, and I'm just about to see what hey are like. :)

I also went and agree it was quite small. Went on the Tamron photo walk which was really good as you could try out their lenses on your own camera. Well work £15 (after 25% discount). Definitely the highlight for me.

Didn't actually buy anything apart from food which was overpriced (but expected) although I was surprised by lack of choice.

another one here that was most disappointed ,it struck me as lack of support from the contributors ,also having to queue to purchase stuff was a real off putter ,the length of the queues did not go down all day .saying that there were bargains to be had from both sigma and canon if you wanted to spend the money .last year at preston there were lots of bargains to be had ,sadly lacking this year ..in fact if i hadn't have had free tickets i would have been really p***ed to pay a entry fee .
good venue but with no real thought to customer care imho ,and in a industry this large not a very good turnout of sellers .
had a good couple of hours after though wandering the docks etc then got dragged round liverpool 1 by the lad ,wow how thats changed

first time I've ever been to a photography show & the exhibition centre, good job I left the cards at home as the Mrs seen a few things she wanted to buy :help: she like the Fuji system came away with the £10 bag everyone was buying

Yep. Agreed. Four of us went. Myself, @Mr Perceptive, @Billy and Billy 's mate Michael.
Didn't take us long to go round. We probably spent longer in the coffee shop before we went in.
Bit of a waste of a morning.
Afternoon photo walk was followed by a gentle 3 pints in The Phil. Arguably the best pub in Liverpool.

If you are thinking of going tomorrow you might want to reconsider and use the petrol for something more rewarding.

Well apologies to those I was looking to possible put a face to. The wife demanded lunch and then went shopping... spent more than I would have on gear if she allowed it and Christ how many shops and garments/trinkets can one person possibly conceive to view and decide on in half the shops ladies go to? There must have been 8 thousand different clothing items straddled over the racks! :rolleyes:

At least after seeing the Fuji demos and talks as well as getting to play with a couple of lenses and bodies I now know what to do with my kit!

It may have been small but it included everything I could wish to see and so long as it has that it shouldn't matter if its only a small venue.

The coffee was reasonably good but the tea was shockingly expensive for a bag and water...

Thanks for the feedback. I've never been and it looks like it's worth a miss.

Thanks for the feedback. I've never been and it looks like it's worth a miss.
If you are local and have nothing better to do and have previously registered then it might be worth an hour of your time. If you are travelling any distance or are going to have to pay to enter (pay to go into a shop???) then my vote would be to give it a miss.

Back