Dimensions of SB800 and 580EX?

Edit My Images
No
I'd like to buy an ebay Stofen type diffuser copy for my Minolta 4000 AF flash. I need to find one of approx the right size. Could anyone tell me please the dimensions of the flash head (where the diffuser pushes on) on their SB800 and 580ex as these are the types of flashes the larger diffusers are advertised for? The Minolta is pretty large at 80mm x 52mm so I guess these might be close.

If you can't get one that's an exact fit then you could use one of the elasticated diffusers or one of the mini-softbox type ones, they run to about the same price as the stofen copies.

I have just bought a couple of the elasticated diffusers, but they are too small for my 430 EZ let alone the Minolta 4000 AF which is a lot larger. :crying:

So I am still looking for dimensions of the head of the SB800 and 580ex if anyone has one handy?

Hi
Just measured a borrowed 580ex Mark 1, its 75mm wide x about 45mm high.
Hope this helps.

For reference I bought an elasticated material diffuser at Jessops for £4.88. Just the job, and it is large enough to fit my flash easily. The one I bought from ebay is too small for any decent sized flash, and a bigger one I bought from ebay/China is £5.50, so don't automatically assume your local supplier is more expensive than ebay!

If you can manage to buy a Stoffen thats almost the right size, you can put the open end of it in a bowl of hot water. After 5 minutes it is soft enough for you to be able to mould it around the flash head.
Dean:)

Back