DIN or DIM!!

Asha

Blithering Idiot
Name
Asha
Edit My Images
Yes
ISO, ASA or DIN ......in my case there needs to be another way of expressing film speed ......DIM :D:D

Two different camera / film set ups.

Canon A1 loaded with Tri X pushed to 1600. ...............................finished the roll today, opened camera back to find its Agfa Vista 200 :banghead::banghead:

Six 20 Kodak Junior Folder loaded with Rollei RPX 100 shot at box speed..............................Guess what, it's RPX 400 :banghead::banghead:

Mulling over the options of developing now ......semi stand for the RPX I reckon is the best bet.

As for the Vista, I've pushed to 1600 before and cross processed with useable results so that's an option, however, do you guys reckon I could push 3 stops in C-41 chems

only one way to find out.....

Yeah but I'm wondering how much additional time to dev for using a tetenal colortec c41 kit.

The bumph states an additional 30 secs at 100°f .....................this helps me none as firstly I dev at 86°f ( 30°C) and the info re the 30 second increase is unclear if that is for each stop .

Anyone any ideas anyone?, or do I simply take a plunge in the dark and add a couple of mins to the processing time?

Stay off that funny herb you get in those mountains.:D

That,s my advise.(y)

You can push 200 to 1600 but the results are not particularly pleasant

https://www.flickr.com/photos/raglansurf/sets/72157632154560372/

I had these processed by Jessops just before they went belly up a couple of years ago.

Well Nick I think they are good at 1600 ISO. There is a guy on another forum that asks questions about using film (mainly colour) at high iso...well my experience was using B/W film about 40 years ago :eek: Anyway would you mind (if he asks again) if I give him your link?

Well Nick I think they are good at 1600 ISO. There is a guy on another forum that asks questions about using film (mainly colour) at high iso...well my experience was using B/W film about 40 years ago :eek: Anyway would you mind (if he asks again) if I give him your link?
Thanks Brian, unfortunately I only see the shortcomings of the film but feel free to post the link to the other fella.

I like those, not as extreme a colour cast as you see with Rollei Redbird, a much more pleasant result. But then I think we've established that I've gone a bit weird recently.
Thanks dean, there's a significant amount of Lightroom tweaking that's gone on to get them even to that stage, more effort that they're worth tbh.

... more effort that they're worth tbh.

[Serious hat]

Nonsense. You tried something. You attempted to make the most from it. You didn't like the results. You felt it didn't work. Ok.

What's important is that you thought it was worth a shot and gave it a go. Not every experiment succeeds but every experiment has to be attempted in the first place.

[/Serious hat]

Boobies! I mean the seabirds, not lady bumps! Teehee! :D

[Serious hat]

Nonsense. You tried something. You attempted to make the most from it. You didn't like the results. You felt it didn't work. Ok.

What's important is that you thought it was worth a shot and gave it a go. Not every experiment succeeds but every experiment has to be attempted in the first place.

[/Serious hat]
Who are you and what have you done with Strappy?

Boobies! I mean the seabirds, not lady bumps! Teehee! :D

That's more like it :D

I think our little boy is finally growing up....:hug:

I think our little boy is finally growing up....:hug:

Apart from the fact that 'little' isn't the first adjective that leaps to mind (I'm probably the same overall mass as you and Frodo put together), I think you might be right. :)

Blimey there stops is nearly doubling thé developing time......a mission for the weekend :)

Well the RPX aint good :( although the camera it was shot through is barely much more high tech than a Box brownie so i was hardly expecting masterpieces. :D

There might be a couple of frames out of the 8 that are salvagable.

Next up ..the 3 stop vista push in C-41 chems

Watch this space.......

Results .....albiet a bit thin on some negs and possibly a tad over cooked on others.

Took Steve's advice and added 75% to the dev time.

I have no idea what planet i was on earlier in the year but it appears that I've shot the first dozen frames at box speed of 200 up in the snow covered mountains, then for some crazy reasoning , I've changed the speed on the camera body and shot the rest of the film at 1600.

There's definetly some usable results in there and probably be able to "save" most of the film tbh so long as i don't expect "too much". (y)

I'll get some posted on here in due course!

Back