Diopter Options Olympus om2n

Olympus used to make eyecups that would take diopter correction lenses. I don't know how easy they would be to find though.

With old-school Nikon there was a range of optional screw-in eyepieces with different + and - magnifications, but it was usually the devil to find out which one was right for you.

Olympus may have had similar across the OM series? Google!

Just looked at an OM2, and it looks as if any accessories would slide on not screw in.

Last edited:
The OM1/2 took as you say slide on attachments. The eyecup had the necessary fittings to take the correction lenses. I have the Varimagnifer which slides over the eyepiece, but I've never owned an eyecup (as far as I can recall).

As to strength, it would be best to check. I think that the OM1/2 and OM3/4 differed in the "base strength" of the eyepice, and one of the pair was built as a -0.5 dioptre, which would have to be taken into account. Try Google.

As Stephen intimated, vf's are not necessarily natively neutral - so yes, it's like specs, but the required power might have to be calculated from a different starting point ...

The Canon A/AE/AT Series diopter lenses fit the OM-1 and OM-2 with a bit of jiggling. They are also easier to come by than the original Olympus correction lenses and holder.

Back