Dioptic advice needed please

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
No
My camera is a Nikon D810 and at the moment to be sharp in the viewfinder ( below the viewing screen the info I mean) I have to have the dioptic setting at the max minus as shown below

I know this can be altered to give a bit of leeway either side of + or Minus using a Nikon DK-17c Eyepiece Correction lens. What I hope someone can tell me if I want say a minus or plus correction lens and should I get a say +3 or minus- 3 , or even +/- 2 which ever

Thank you for any help as there must be a member that can

Last edited:

Canon Bob

Loves the Enemy
Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
I have no specific knowledge of Nikon's D810 but I'm sure that they'll follow the usual conventions.

Eyepiece diopter adjustments are normally +1 to -3 and you're at the -3 limit (near sighted). To get the diopter adjustment back towards the middle of its range, you should be looking to add a -2 ......or -3 if you think that you're still not close to it being correct at it's maximum......you should have a feel for if it's closing in on perfect if you look through the viewfinder as you twiddle the dial.

If you're to be the only user then -3 won't hurt but it might just prevent someone slightly far sighted being able to pick up the camera and dial it in....-2 would give more flexibilty in this case.

Last edited: