Disable Canon Error 01

Edit My Images
No
Im experimenting with a setup using t-mount lenses on Canon EOS bodies. I've added a an Kenko/EOS x2 convertor into the mix - optically it's giving the results I want, however since the convertor is compatible with modern lenses I get the Error 01 as the electronic contacts on the convertor have no lens to "talk" to.

I've found a tempory hack by unlocking the convertor from the camera & rotating the camera a couple of degrees so I can use the setup.

Before I look at disabling the electronics in the convertor has anyone found any other hacks which will save me gaffer taping the camera body to the setup to avoid it dropping off as I move it?

A simply layer of Sellotape on the converter's electrical contacts (the ones on the body end) will prevent the camera expecting a lens.....probably safer than an unlatched bayonet.

Bob

A simply layer of Sellotape on the converter's electrical contacts (the ones on the body end) will prevent the camera expecting a lens.....probably safer than an unlatched bayonet.

Bob

Yup, that! ^^

Works a treat, used that method several times using my old Kenko 1.4 teleconverter on M52 lenses.

Back