Dissapointed with WEX

Name
Garry Edwards
Edit My Images
No
So, I decided to buy myself a drone, could have bought it direct from the Chinese factory but as it was also available from Wex, thought that the right thing to do was to support a British Company...
Placed the order on Tuesday morning, and there was a clock displaying on their website telling me that as long as I ordered it within the next 5 hours or so I would have it the following day.
After I ordered it though, I received confirmation email.

Then, on the following day (the day of the promised delivery) I received another email saying
"Dear Garry Edwards

We are pleased to let you know that the following items have been dispatched today via Parcel Force and your estimated delivery date is: within 4 working days . (Whilst we will endeavour to meet the delivery date stated, we are unable to guarantee the delivery of any order)"
and frankly, if I had known at the time of ordering that the promised next day delivery wasn't going to happen I would have bought from someone else.

It sort of doesn't matter in my case, but firms really shouldn't make promises that they clearly have no intention of keeping.

Ahh, maybe so, but I didn't see the option for next day delivery, and it definately didn't say anything about a 4 day delivery prior to checkout.

I found the delivery options clear whenever I used them as were the confirmation emails.

Their website does detail delivery options (free delivery 3-4 days and next day delivery £4.99)

http://www.wexphotographic.com/help/uk-delivery-information/

Looks like it defaults to free delivery with next day delivery available at extra cost of £4.99 chosen at checkout. I can't understand why it wouldn't have been easier to give WEX a call and give them a chance to explain, and perhaps rectify the issue before posting this thread. Whilst their website does say you can have it next day if ordered within a certain time it does depend on the delivery option selected at checkout, perhaps you could have raised that particular misunderstanding in their current wording if you spoke to them. It may stop misunderstanding like this for other customers.

Last edited:
Anyway, which drone did you buy?
Mavic Pro.

I've been tempted for a while, and since retiring I've been working on timelapse and video for a clay pigeon club that I shoot at, and for the horse rescue charity on my farm - and neither is easy because, in each case, it's pretty difficult to get the cameras close and in the right place without getting either shot or torn apart by horses:(

Anyway, I was involved in a charity fundraising shoot on Sunday and I asked someone I know who has the Mavic Pro to come along and shoot some video for future fundraising. The footage is nothing short of stunning, so I bit the bullet:)

Mavic Pro.

I've been tempted for a while, and since retiring I've been working on timelapse and video for a clay pigeon club that I shoot at, and for the horse rescue charity on my farm - and neither is easy because, in each case, it's pretty difficult to get the cameras close and in the right place without getting either shot or torn apart by horses:(

Anyway, I was involved in a charity fundraising shoot on Sunday and I asked someone I know who has the Mavic Pro to come along and shoot some video for future fundraising. The footage is nothing short of stunning, so I bit the bullet:)

Sorry Garry but I Just had this vision of you filming at the clay pigeon club and your new drone being shot out of the sky on it's first outing :D

Mavic Pro.

Looking forward to seeing some of your efforts.

Sorry Garry but I Just had this vision of you filming at the clay pigeon club and your new drone being shot out of the sky on it's first outing :D
There's always a small risk of it being hit by a clay, but unless I'm terminally stupid I won't put it at risk of being shot - the biggest real risk (with my action cams) is from the horses - can't put them in a field with horses, because any horse will 'investigate' any strange object, one camera has been destroyed and my DSLR found itself lying nose down in the mud:) At least the drone (once I've learned to fly it) can be at a safe height.

Any apologies to Wex for your error?
I've now looked at the webpage again, it very clearly states that if the order is placed within the next 7 hours 18 minutes (example) then delivery will be tomorrow, it does also say, but in very small text, that a free delivery option is also available but they are shouting loudly about what actually turns out to be an extra cost service, and I stick to my view that this is deceptive so no, I don't feel that an apology from me is appropriate here.

Also, the pricing is in my view depceptive too. Go to http://www.wexphotographic.com/dji-mavic-quadcopter-drone-1607888/ and the price is stated to be £1009. But, although it doesn't say so, that seems to be just for the drone itself, i.e. a replacement if I crash it, which I hope not to do... You have to click on "Buying Options" for the true price of £1359 to come up, and this is the cost of the kit needed, i.e. with the controller etc.

Also, the pricing is in my view depceptive too. Go to http://www.wexphotographic.com/dji-mavic-quadcopter-drone-1607888/ and the price is stated to be £1009. But, although it doesn't say so, that seems to be just for the drone itself, i.e. a replacement if I crash it, which I hope not to do... You have to click on "Buying Options" for the true price of £1359 to come up, and this is the cost of the kit needed, i.e. with the controller etc.

The option in the buying options is the fly more bundle which includes more batteries, a case, some spare props, etc. There's no replacement and you still get a controller with the base option. I think you're a bit confused about what you're looking at.

Every time I have put an order for camera or lenses from Wex over the phone, they always ask me if I want to pay for Next day delivery I say no thanks, then the next day I have had my stuff delivered so it just goes to show that as they are taking stuff out, then they may as well take out more.

I've now looked at the webpage again, it very clearly states that if the order is placed within the next 7 hours 18 minutes (example) then delivery will be tomorrow, it does also say, but in very small text, that a free delivery option is also available but they are shouting loudly about what actually turns out to be an extra cost service, and I stick to my view that this is deceptive so no, I don't feel that an apology from me is appropriate here.

Why Can't you admit it was you that was the problem :p

Free delivery text is same size, but it's in bold

Screenshot_20170522-195411.png

Every time I have put an order for camera or lenses from Wex over the phone, they always ask me if I want to pay for Next day delivery I say no thanks, then the next day I have had my stuff delivered so it just goes to show that as they are taking stuff out, then they may as well take out more.

I have very similar with Amazon, order something normal delivery, then I get an email to say it has been dispatched will be delivered on the ********** then I think ah good I know I will be in that day, then the next day and normally when I'm at work I get another email to say your order is out for delivery today :banghead:

Back