DJI Osmo in Alicante

Fantastic videos Ricardo.

I went to Campello (near Alicante) in 1982 on a school exchange. Lovely place.

Fiestas all night and the warm Med to swim in. Happy memories.

Fantastic videos Ricardo.

I went to Campello (near Alicante) in 1982 on a school exchange. Lovely place.

Fiestas all night and the warm Med to swim in. Happy memories.

Thank you! I know El Campello well, but didn't go there this year.

Such a beautiful looking city. The evening/night footage near the end looks really good, can you remember some of your Osmo settings? My night time footage of Varanasi was pretty ugly with all eqipement (GoPro4, Osmo, Nikon DSLR and Samsung S6) gotta somehow sort that out for this years Diwali.

Great videos overall Ricardo, well done!

Last edited:
Such a beautiful looking city. The evening/night footage near the end looks really good, can you remember some of your Osmo settings? My night time footage of Varanasi was pretty ugly with all eqipement (GoPro4, Osmo, Nikon DSLR and Samsung S6) gotta somehow sort that out for this years Diwali.

Great videos overall Ricardo, well done!

Hi there and thanks for your kind comments. All was shot in manual. For the night shots I was shooting without ND filter (obviously!) and keeping shutter speed at 1/50th. For the darker shots ISO had to be ramped up to 1600. It looks fairly grainy on my iMac! I'm really wanting to upgrade the camera to the X5 unit, but it's expensive.

In full daylight the footage is hard to fault for the price of the Osmo!

Looks like you are getting to grips with is too! some well shot walking sequences in those clips!

Have you had any issues with lost data on the card or any file corruptions glitches to suggest its not 100% for critical footage capture?

In full daylight the footage is hard to fault for the price of the Osmo!

Looks like you are getting to grips with is too! some well shot walking sequences in those clips!

Have you had any issues with lost data on the card or any file corruptions glitches to suggest its not 100% for critical footage capture?

No issues at all. I love the thing!

Your movement is really smooth Ricardo :) I stopped using the finger on screen technique as I found it too laggy/fast. Think I need to play with the movement settings.
Great videos again (4 & 5)

Your movement is really smooth Ricardo :) I stopped using the finger on screen technique as I found it too laggy/fast. Think I need to play with the movement settings.
Great videos again (4 & 5)

Thank you! I gotta say, it coped better with the night shots (the fireworks in Part Four) than I was expecting. I thought there would be a lot more noise.

Back